Madame X turns 3

I think it's aged pretty well. Randomly I've revisited it this week lol. I think it's her best effort since confessions. And also her first cohesive  era since then. I only hope for that, this next time as well. That she has an overall view before releasing the project.  I kinda pray for this for all artists I follow. I don't like when they release a million stuff just to see what sticks.

• Love 2

It's such a weird album. I mean I thought the same about American Life at first, but I eventually grew to like and understand it within a year of its release. But Madame X is so divisive imo. You have good songs like God Control, Future, Crave, I Don't Search I Find and Looking for Mercy, but then trash like Killers Who Are Partying, Come Alive, I Rise, Extreme Occident and Funana. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

The fact that a genius like Mirwais produced a lot of the songs but ended up making half the crappy ones on the album is puzzling to me. Plus Madonna's vocals are so awful and overly processed for the most part. And the album cover and aesthetics of the era in general were kinda lame too imo. Especially that damn eyepatch.

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

It's such a weird album. I mean I thought the same about American Life at first, but I eventually grew to like and understand it within a year of its release. But Madame X is so divisive imo. You have good songs like God Control, Future, Crave, I Don't Search I Find and Looking for Mercy, but then trash like Killers Who Are Partying, Come Alive, I Rise, Extreme Occident and Funana. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

The fact that a genius like Mirwais produced a lot of the songs but ended up making half the crappy ones on the album is puzzling to me. Plus Madonna's vocals are so awful and overly processed for the most part. And the album cover and aesthetics of the era in general were kinda lame too imo. Especially that damn eyepatch.

This album and AL are literally 2 faces of the same coin 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block