What is the idiom you find peculiarly interesting?

3 hours ago, RreestriReegliReedi13 said:

for me the very popular "u do u"

mäen, its just way too funny

WAIT! everyone should translate the idioms!
i don’t know what mäen means!

I think about idioms a lot! I talk in almost all idioms, and I didn’t realize it until I started working with international peeps.

My favorite thing to do is find words that are not translatable across cultures. This is particularly fun when visiting a new country, or working with someone from a culture that I am unfamiliar with. We always have a good laugh.

you’ll have to give me a sec to look up the phrases/words that I like best…I think they are all Swedish 😆

(Swedish) Olla: This verb means to dab the end of a p*nis onto something

(Swedish) Badkruka: Someone who refuses to enter a body of water

(Chinese) an idiom that translates to: “the puppy does not fear the tiger.” Meaning too naive to know better.

it hard to think of idioms in your native language because you forget that it’s an idiom.

2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

WAIT! everyone should translate the idioms!
i don’t know what mäen means!

I think about idioms a lot! I talk in almost all idioms, and I didn’t realize it until I started working with international peeps.

My favorite thing to do is find words that are not translatable across cultures. This is particularly fun when visiting a new country, or working with someone from a culture that I am unfamiliar with. We always have a good laugh.

you’ll have to give me a sec to look up the phrases/words that I like best…I think they are all Swedish 😆

my bad, i wrote mäen as i am used to joking with friends

mäe is mountains's in Estonian

i meant man, i make fun of the word mäe (mountain) in relation to men having to climb mountains in life. like this toxic masculinity

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block