Britney speaking in a British accent while drinking champagne in a Rolls Royce via her Instagram stories

39 minutes ago, leviathan said:

I think exhale is not ready for this conversation but she does give a **** clearly. enough to write a paragraph about how she “doesn’t” give a **** and then talk about her skin care regime. it felt a bit defensive and like trying to justify it.

I feel we’re being a bit of enablers here, her face does look dirty and if I saw a friend post like that I would text them separately like, sister delete that you don’t look the best in that video.

trust me I love Britney, but I don’t think I can honestly say she looked good in those stories. she didn’t.

do I care? no. my god on the contrary I’m happy to see her! and to know about her day and her life. I love when she talks to us. I love her ugly and diseased and at her worst and unconditionally and will support her in her healing journey but I feel it’s dishonest when people saw those stories and commented on the other tread “OMG SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS” be cause she doesn’t and that’s fine.

I feel like being fake nice is just as bad as being mean.

like supporting her does not equal lying. supporting someone is sometimes telling them the truth in a caring way.

not taking about you btw just I thought I had when reading what you commented.

Girl…you’re headed for trouble here lol learn from me Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, leviathan said:

I think exhale is not ready for this conversation but she does give a **** clearly. enough to write a paragraph about how she “doesn’t” give a **** and then talk about her skin care regime. it felt a bit defensive and like trying to justify it.

I feel we’re being a bit of enablers here, her face does look dirty and if I saw a friend post like that I would text them separately like, sister delete that you don’t look the best in that video.

trust me I love Britney, but I don’t think I can honestly say she looked good in those stories. she didn’t.

do I care? no. my god on the contrary I’m happy to see her! and to know about her day and her life. I love when she talks to us. I love her ugly and diseased and at her worst and unconditionally and will support her in her healing journey but I feel it’s dishonest when people saw those stories and commented on the other tread “OMG SHE LOOKS GORGEOUS” be cause she doesn’t and that’s fine.

I feel like being fake nice is just as bad as being mean.

like supporting her does not equal lying. supporting someone is sometimes telling them the truth in a caring way.

not taking about you btw just I thought I had when reading what you commented.

Fair enough. I can honestly say I didn’t even notice her makeup. Britney has never cared about being dressed to the nines outside of red carpet events/performances etc. I honestly think she’s done caring about what people think of her makeup. She’s doing things her own way. 

• Like 1

For people criticising that she does not look perfectly polished, I wonder if you really read her posts? This is in no way an opposition to your stance. I think we are all more than welcome to have any type of opinion. I agree, her looks are far from polished or Kardashian-esque. In a very personal way, I find it refreshing. The world is full of people saying they would rather eat poop than age, lol. But I get it when some people get critical of public figures not appearing so well kept all the time. Do I agree? Depends on context, but for the most part, I love the freedom of letting people be whatever the heck they want.

Now, I also absolutely agree with the point that, on different scales, anyone who puts themselves out there on social media are going to be praised and criticized. To post something online and expect everyone to have the same perspective is just naïve, if not idiotic. But getting to that inner clarity is not a one step move in life. For that to sink in, takes time.

Having said all of that, the reason I brought up her posts is that, she clearly has an incredible amount of hurt and trauma and somehow, some people still expect her to be the well kept, perfectly polished Britney she once was and I doubt that is something on her radar. In fact, I think she rebels against it. She might need recognition in a way, but also rebels against that very need.  Seriously, I read her posts and there is so much heartbreak and anger that I doubt she has "look polished" as her top priority. Also, you can tell, in the midst of her pain, she is a bit confused about where and how to direct her anger .

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block