Anitta Has Now A Wax Figure At Madame Tussauds In New York

Note: the original article in Portuguese can be found here: https://www.cnnbrasil.com.br/entretenimento/anitta-inaugura-estatua-de-cera-no-museu-madame-tussauds-de-nova-york/

"Espetacular!"The Brazilian singer Anitta inaugurated its wax figure at New York Madame Tussauds on June 2 in an event in Times Square which took six months and the work of 20 artists to get ready.

"It has all of my tattoos", an impressed singer exclaimed.

The Madame Tussauds rep told CNN that the choice of a personality who will have a wax figure are "a reflection from those who had a meaningful impact in the world". 

"We are always getting feedbacks from visitors when we decide who is going to be the next to have a statue", explained the museum representatives.

Besides Anitta, Neymar, Pelé, Ayrton Senna, Gisele Bündchen, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio are among the Brazilians eternalized in wax by Madame Tussauds. With exception of Senna which is located in Orlando, all other Brazilians are in New York.

Anitta is the first Brazilian singer to be transformed in wax by the museum.

The wardrobe was donated by the singer to the museum, the statue has the pants and her underpants exposed which she wore during a Rock In Rio concert in 2019. Also, the statue is wearing a white cropped shirt written "Garota do Rio (Girl from Rio)" - same outfit worn in the music video "Girl from Rio" launched last year.

According to Madame Tussauds, the creative process can demand more than 200 measures and pictures taken from all angles from the person to be portrayed.

"The head is done separately from the body figure and can take from four to six weeks to be sculpted and reach the same appearance from the famous face", says the museum website.

Even the museums has branches spread in several countries, all the statues are produced in a studio in west London.

Madame Tussauds has more than 500 million visitors every year.

See the museum Instagram video: 

spacer.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

I’m happy for her and her ratchet fans 

I'm offended lmao. 

The outfit is not it, they could have chosen something else. It is a mix between two of her latest iconic looks in Brazil but since this is in New-York they could have find a more "American" look for the wax figure. 

1 hour ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

You mean whitewashing her??? If you can’t handle her outfit because of your conservative mind that’s on you

Conservative mind because I find her outfit not good?Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I'm sorry but she had way more iconic and beautiful outfits than the GFR top and the RIR 2019 jeans. I just think that for her American/international audience this outfit does not has the same impact than in Brazil. 

27 minutes ago, theosgrlt said:

Conservative mind because I find her outfit not good?Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

I'm sorry but she had way more iconic and beautiful outfits than the GFR top and the RIR 2019 jeans. I just think that for her American/international audience this outfit does not has the same impact than in Brazil. 

The outfit represents where she is from not one that has to be appealed to American audiences. And she was the one who chose the outfit for the statue.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block