Jesy Nelson reveals her next single is coming soon & that her album is nearly finished

Slayer

Jesy responded to the rumours put out by The Sun.

Jesy has revealed her next single is coming soon, the next single will follow up BOYZ which charted at Number 4 in the UK, which became the second highest charting song in its first week by a British female artist in 2021, with Adele coming in with the highest.

Jesy also revealed that her debut album is nearly finished.

Jesy Nelson’s camp have hit back at reports record label bosses are unimpressed by her solo efforts - A spokesperson said: “In recent months, Jesy has been in the studio recording in Los Angeles developing her body of work with a whole series of tracks. And fans can rest assured they can expect to hear new music from Jesy very soon."

A source added: “The new music is captivating…it’s going to raise the bar, and some.”

"Things had been progressing “at normal speed and without any hiccups.”

The source added: “everyone is very excited by the new music. It’s going to be very special indeed.”

FUj6SsWVIAAJ_5d?format=jpg&name=large

1_Jesy-Nelson.jpg

• Love 3

OF COURSE there were "hiccups", otherwise why would they release Boyz SO early on (and then absolute silence) if the album wasn't even nearly finished... Come on. It's either too obvious, or a mess. Lying only makes people doubt more. Why can't they say that her first solo single didn't get the attention or love that they expected, or that they misinterpreted what people wanted from her, and so they went back to the studio and now are working on new stuff? As simple as that. But there's so much pride in artists and even fan bases. And I personally think that Jesy should have left a song like Boyz for the album, because even though I barely know her, I don't think that's her true vibe. She made that for people, not for herself. I get Mary J Blige vibes from her, maybe calmer/sweeter, but very R&B, with heartfelt lyrics. Boyz was a brainless messssssssss!

• Love 1
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

OF COURSE there were "hiccups", otherwise why would they release Boyz SO early on (and then absolute silence) if the album wasn't even nearly finished... Come on. It's either too obvious, or a mess. Lying only makes people doubt more. Why can't they say that her first solo single didn't get the attention or love that they expected, or that they misinterpreted what people wanted from her, and so they went back to the studio and now are working on new stuff? As simple as that. But there's so much pride in artists and even fan bases. And I personally think that Jesy should have left a song like Boyz for the album, because even though I barely know her, I don't think that's her true vibe. She made that for people, not for herself. I get Mary J Blige vibes from her, maybe calmer/sweeter, but very R&B, with heartfelt lyrics. Boyz was a brainless messssssssss!

I do agree, i think BOYZ should of been a album track or even a bonus track. I also agree that its very strange to release a single and then not do a follow up soon after, especially for a new act - which she is this her first time soloing. 

I imagine they all had to have a rethink on her and her branding, we need her to come out with a killer R&B song, something Toni Braxton like maybe?

3 hours ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

Can't wait! Boyz is still a bop, I don't care what yall say

I agree, loved  it the first time i heard it and still play it a lot. its such a cool song. but i dont understand the point of releasing your debut single than disappearing for nearly a year. whats the logic in that? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

Suuuuure Jan.gif 

obvs there were hiccups. Being that Boyz had a lot of backlash and flopped in the US. If it was an out of the gate smash they would have followed up immediately. It’s been the better part of a year 

she can still do R&b without so much fishing 

Why would you think it'd do well in the US? Little Mix have NEVER done well in the US with big featured collabs like Nicki.

Jesy scored a Top 5 hit in her main market, the UK and she had the second highest debut of the year for a song in its first week.

• Love 1

Due to the lack of good pop right now, I'm really hoping to comes through with some better songs. Boyz was so awful. When you're introduction as a solo artist has to use a sample and have Nicki Minaj featured on it, it's not very promising. I'd rather go back and listen to Bad Boy for Life than that mess.  I'm not a hardcore Little Mix stan, but I do like a lot of there songs. She's the one of the group I always found the least interesting. We'll see, wouldn't mind if she proved me wrong and had a killer debut. I need a good pop album, I've played Crash to death lately. 

29 minutes ago, maki93 said:

Boyz was a cool song for a while, it is still on my gym playlist.

Other than that, 

Fail Season 9 GIF by The Office

How's a Top 5 hit in the UK her main market a failure? :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink: It was obvious she wasn't going to do well in the US considering Little Mix never have with their US collabs.

51 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Why would you think it'd do well in the US? Little Mix have NEVER done well in the US with big featured collabs like Nicki.

Jesy scored a Top 5 hit in her main market, the UK and she had the second highest debut of the year for a song in its first week.

You really should do an article on the US promotion.

They did everything Teen choice awards (where they won two awards), The Kids Choice awards where they performed a Kidz bop version of touch with several lyrics changed to match the audience, they tried but industry politics hurt them.

From obviously the refusal to play the game, even the spice girls never got asked to flirt with programmers (that shocked me, but with Mel B. I can't say I'm not surprised she raised hell like she did in a dutch tv interview where ****** was around her).

To the whole let's try to cause a rift to get the Perrie Edwards, obviously backfired, to the point she isn't going solo but only will make music with her sisters, so much played and Jesy will turn 31 this month, it's little to late in my eyes especially with the ageism in the music industry keeps getting younger and younger, anybody over 30, It's really unless you have a fan base good luck.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block