Avril Lavigne releases 20th anniversary edition of her album ‘Let Go’

Cqleb

Vinyl isn't out til January..

I'm like what gives then watching a video, it's based off the supply chain..

Several artists have albums lined up..

With vinyl exclusives locked in for release day..

I'm like I guess Taylor swift is getting ready but the problem is nobody is buying her or Adele vinyls and you see abundance of them but then looking at the prices for the red vinyl of nearly 60.00, and 30 is nearly 40 dollars, it's easy to see why it flopped..

Harry's house is 21.99, but then again I wonder if sales would still be great thing cos Vinyls is a novelty thing and people I see aren't interested in physical except a certain age demographics that grew up with that and can afford it..

A 20 year old friend bought the cassette tape version of Harry's album just to say she has a physical version even though she has no way to play it outside her phone, that led me to believe have people my age pressure the younger generation to buy physical media just to keep it alive.

I hope she releases the title track 

There is like a second disc of material online including a song that was a b side called "Let Go" 

Not all the b sides were on this edition.  

Checking out discogs she left out 4 tracks including audio tracks from the dvd singles (they're expensive to actually get.).

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 6/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Vinyl isn't out til January..

I'm like what gives then watching a video, it's based off the supply chain..

Several artists have albums lined up..

With vinyl exclusives locked in for release day..

Vinyl being 6 months out when this album is 20 years old and they had time to plan better is embarrassing honestly. The moment will be over by the time these hit shelves. Plus the fact she hasn’t even announced a vinyl release for her latest studio album. Very poor timing on her team/labels part.

Also, the prices are definitely getting ridiculous, Harry was closer to $30 in store, but vinyl is hot rn too even with the younger generation, even if it’s just a novelty for them. Once that wears off there will still be plenty of people sticking with the format. Hopefully this trend of releasing vinyl 6 months later to rechart a spent album will end tho

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bo da toe said:

Vinyl being 6 months out when this album is 20 years old and they had time to plan better is embarrassing honestly. The moment will be over by the time these hit shelves. Plus the fact she hasn’t even announced a vinyl release for her latest studio album. Very poor timing on her team/labels part.

Also, the prices are definitely getting ridiculous, Harry was closer to $30 in store, but vinyl is hot rn too even with the younger generation, even if it’s just a novelty for them. Once that wears off there will still be plenty of people sticking with the format. Hopefully this trend of releasing vinyl 6 months later to rechart a spent album will end tho

There’s a vinyl shortage though.

For example, I’ve been waiting for the smashing pumpkins to release the Machina reissue. The mixes have been done for about a year now but haven’t released it due to the vinyl shortage. They were even thinking of ordering the supply from overseas but it’s short everywhere. It’s stressful and vinyl has become very popular now. 

On 6/4/2022 at 3:53 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

I hope she releases the title track 

There is like a second disc of material online including a song that was a b side called "Let Go" 

Not all the b sides were on this edition.  

Checking out discogs she left out 4 tracks including audio tracks from the dvd singles (they're expensive to actually get.).

I still have the limewire files from back in the day lol My favs were "Let Go", "Headset", "Falling Into History". There's also a song called "Take Me Away" (different than the song on Under My Skin)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Brother Shawn said:

There’s a vinyl shortage though.

For example, I’ve been waiting for the smashing pumpkins to release the Machina reissue. The mixes have been done for about a year now but haven’t released it due to the vinyl shortage. They were even thinking of ordering the supply from overseas but it’s short everywhere. It’s stressful and vinyl has become very popular now. 

I’m very aware of the shortages and productions delays but then why are some artists releasing their vinyl on release day? And why are they doing a multiple color reissue of a year old album (lookin at u Sour) or 10282919 color variants (lookin at everyone else) if materials are that hard to source right now? Shortages and over worked pressing plants are an excuse imo. They’re picking and choosing what they think will get them coins while 90s/2000s “has beens” like Avril and SP get pushed back in favor of current big selling artists- Harry, Olivia, Adele, Taylor.
Plus like I said this is an anniversary reissue of a 20 year old album on a major label, them not thinking ahead and having the vinyl ready for the streaming date is lazy. I felt the same way about the Pink Friday anniversary edition that was delayed for two years. It’s poor planning plain and simple, especially because you have more time to prepare an anniversary edition than a new album. So I can see a delay for Love Sux but not this. That’s just my opinion on the matter lmao

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block