Is the new Let Go, actually a re recording to actually take ownership And destroy the original version.

From Avril Lavigne, Ashanti and everybody else they credited Taylor swift to basically re record their entire major labels albums to take ownership of their Music.

I just can't help but feel I'm listening to a re recording and not a remaster of the original album with vault material cos the voice of Avril is way more polished than the 17 year old that had a great voice but some roughness to it.

I'll let you be the judge, but I definitely feel I'm listening to new recordings of everything..

@Adriannn

@Jordan Miller

@Slayer

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I literally just started listening and it does sound different, though I can’t explain it. On Apple Music, it is available in spatial audio, which does make some music sound a little fuller in some ways. So I’m attributing it to that, but I was just going to Google whether Avril re-recorded it! :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

The only song that was re recorded was Breakaway. Remastering can do wonders but her voice sounds the same as the original.  Taylor has proven you can’t 100% recreate the original exactly and the production sounds the same. Michelle Branch re recorded The Spirit Room last year and it sounds completely different, then  they remastered the original on vinyl it sounds “more polished.” The 20th anniversary edition is also under Arista Records, the og label, which Avril is no longer on. That’s my long winded way of saying, no.

• Like 1
On 6/2/2022 at 11:18 PM, SlayOut said:

I AM JUST LEARNING THAT AVRIL LAVIGNE ORIGINALLY WROTE AND RECORDED BREAKAWAY, THE LEGENDARY SONG KELLY CLARKSON SANG. :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS BUT I AM SHAKINGGGGGGG :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

"Miss Independent" was written by Xtina and given to Kelly Clarkson as her first single for her first album, "Breakaway" was taken from Avril and given to Kelly Clarkson as her first single for Breakaway album. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bo da toe said:

The only song that was re recorded was Breakaway. Remastering can do wonders but her voice sounds the same as the original.  Taylor has proven you can’t 100% recreate the original exactly and the production sounds the same. Michelle Branch re recorded The Spirit Room last year and it sounds completely different, then  they remastered the original on vinyl it sounds “more polished.” The 20th anniversary edition is also under Arista Records, the og label, which Avril is no longer on. That’s my long winded way of saying, no.

The remaster is actually really good! I love the rerelease and I hope to find it on CD soon

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

"Miss Independent" was written by Xtina and given to Kelly Clarkson as her first single for her first album, "Breakaway" was taken from Avril and given to Kelly Clarkson as her first single for Breakaway album. 

Not exactly. Xtina never finished Miss Independent. They gave the song to Kelly to finish and didn’t tell her it was originally Xtinas until she saw the album credits. Breakaway was rejected for Avril’s album because it was “too boring” and was passed to Kelly for the Princess Diaries 2 soundtrack. It wasn’t meant to be on Breakaway, let alone the title track and lead single, until it became a big hit for Kelly. Kelly even though the song was boring, from a singers perspective, and had to compromise by putting it on her album and changing the title from Behind These Hazel Eyes. Nothing was taken from anyone to give to Kelly, she made hits out of songs other artists passed on.

• Super Mods
57 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I did know about Miss Independent, as it does sound like an Xtina-esque song! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Ms. Clarkson slayed it though!

46 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Girl you're 20 years late where have you been. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Obviously under a rock! :dead_falling_wig_dying: I guess sonically I wouldn’t have guessed but now that I know… I can’t un-hear it. It sounds like an Avril song! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: Because it is… but still!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block