Christina Aguilera - 'La Luz' EP

This is where I’m confused why release the EP on Monday and the “album” on Wednesday. Now the last part is coming September/October time or near her birthday (I’m guessing). This roll out is a hot mess! So let me guess after the release of the last EP she going to release Aguilera: Deluxe edition with adding the 5 or 6 songs from the Luz EP.

My Thoughts!

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
On 6/1/2022 at 8:59 PM, K-man said:

This is where I’m confused why release the EP on Monday and the “album” on Wednesday. Now the last part is coming September/October time or near her birthday (I’m guessing). This roll out is a hot mess! So let me guess after the release of the last EP she going to release Aguilera: Deluxe edition with adding the 5 or 6 songs from the Luz EP.

My Thoughts!

spacer.png

I'm loving the music on the album and agree that the release is ridiculous! I heard someone on here say she was trying to make the album eligible for the Latin Grammys, so I checked, and the final day of eligibility for last year's show was May 31. It's probably the same for this year, so she had to release the album a day after La Tormenta...even though the songs from La Luz still aren't out. 

• Haha 1

some exaladores stayed in the past really. :melt_weird_drift_wow:
Nowadays, in the era of streaming, it is convenient to release several songs first before the complete album, the reason? the concentration of people is not enough for someone to listen to a complete album of 15-20 songs :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:, only very few artists manage to have a successful album with few previous singles (example Ariana :arianabye_grande_drive_ariana_pull_away_car_van_kiss_wave_goodbye_leave_leaving:), therefore marketing adapts to market demands. Girls we are not in 2000, let's update. Mean Girls Reaction GIF by filmeditor

2 hours ago, Forever222 said:

What happened with the release here? :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

Chaos. I think the gist is that her desire to split the albums into 3 EP's that would eventually combine conflicted with the necessity to have the album technically released during the eligibility period for the Latin Grammys (which seems to have ended on May 31). On the other hand, her team somehow had the budget to film a lot of videos and those came together well. Good execution on videos, terrible execution on releasing the music. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mattdw said:

... with the necessity to have the album technically released during the eligibility period for the Latin Grammys (which seems to have ended on May 31). 

That's a REALLY good point.

I never thought about the potential push for the latin Grammys. This would 100% explain the reason behind the "Aguilera" album release. Originally I thought they were doing it to release a vinyl or physical copy but a Grammys push makes much more sense!! 

• Like 1
On 6/4/2022 at 11:47 AM, SpookyFish13 said:

That's a REALLY good point.

I never thought about the potential push for the latin Grammys. This would 100% explain the reason behind the "Aguilera" album release. Originally I thought they were doing it to release a vinyl or physical copy but a Grammys push makes much more sense!! 

Of course she did it for an award!:ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Hopefully we still get a physical/vinyl release this fall with the last batch of songs. A 2LP set with a cool etching on side 4 to match the beautiful gothic artwork for the era would be great. Hopefully to coincide with Mi Reflejo for the first time on vinyl.:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block