"The Hills: Next Gen" - ‘The Hills’ Reboot With New Cast Greenlighted By MTV - No more "The Hills: New Beginnings", now is "The Hills: Next Gen"

p7893239_b_h13_ab.jpg

MTV is bringing back one of its most popular reality franchises, The Hills, with a new incarnation. The Paramount network has given a series order to The Hills: Next Gen (w/t), from MTV Entertainment Studios. The Hills: Next Gen will feature a brand-new cast that is expected to be more diverse than the original. The series will follow a close group of twentysomething friends and aspiring entrepreneurs who are coming of age in a very different L.A. They will navigate realities of race, class, identity, addiction, family drama along with the thrills of romance and becoming self-made amidst the exclusive enclave of the hills in Malibu.

Created by Adam DiVello and executive produced by Liz Gateley and Sean Travis, the original The Hills, starring Audrina Patridge, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt and Brody Jenner, was a spinoff of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. The series ran on MTV for six seasons, from 2006-2010, and focused on the personal and professional lives of several young women and men living in L.A. The series was revived by MTV in 2019, with the original cast returning for the new installment, The Hills: New Beginnings. It premiered in 2019 and ran for two seasons. MTV has been revamping and bringing back the channel’s biggest unscripted series from the past couple of decades. In addition to The Hills, there have been new installments of The Real Life, Jersey Shore and Cribs, among others.

the-hills-10.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Why must everything be rebooted??

I used to be a BIG fan back in the day but we dont need to see another series of this!

What happened to ORIGINAL and CREATIVE ideas, MTV?!? :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Jersey shore is being rebooted and many people actually called it out..

Their married and aren't partying like they used to, and like one friend said , I guess situation is no longer the situation cos he cares about his wife,his kids and takes his sobriety seriously that they have to be replaced cos their not single..

Someone pointed another thing out Jersey shore and thinks are known for being shady, messy (MTV showed Snooki getting beat up by a guy at a bar and calling it must see event! Only to not show it again after backlash for her defense)

So they want to create scandals like A villian like Heidi for a new generation..

Only problem is the new generation don't want it..

• Super Mods
17 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Their married and aren't partying like they used to, and like one friend said , I guess situation is no longer the situation cos he cares about his wife,his kids and takes his sobriety seriously that they have to be replaced cos their not single..

Someone pointed another thing out Jersey shore and thinks are known for being shady, messy (MTV showed Snooki getting beat up by a guy at a bar and calling it must see event! Only to not show it again after backlash for her defense)

So they want to create scandals like A villian like Heidi for a new generation..

Yeah I agree.

I understand that they want the new generation to have a bad guy to hate on but

why reboot an old show that they dont even know about instead of making a whole completely new show?

Its like what they did to Gossip Girl, Saved By The Bell, Fresh Prince, etc.

The list goes on obviously :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah I agree.

I understand that they want the new generation to have a bad guy to hate on but

why reboot an old show that they dont even know about instead of making a whole completely new show?

Its like what they did to Gossip Girl, Saved By The Bell, Fresh Prince, etc.

The list goes on obviously :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block