Does Anyone Find Themselves Listening to Britney Less and Less?

I do.  I listed to Blackout like crazy the past 2 summers and now I'm not.  It's an amazing album, but the only time I'm going to listen to her again is when she makes music her way, not under someone else or being robbed blind.

Her situation is very, very sad.  What was done to her is not right, disgusting and humiliating. To think that the legendary Miss Britney Spears has been reduced to nothing. Judge Brenda Penny needs to be in jail for what she did. How many years has B been complaining/fighting against this conservatorship?  She has wasted away.  This is ridiculous. 

i don't listen to her music that much anymore bc i've overplayed it so much since i became a stan in 2004. i mean it's been almost 20 years, so i got a bit tired of it.

i still love her and always will, but i cannot listen to albums after blackout either so i'm stuck with the same 5 albums and unreleased stuff and it gets repetitive.

I still listen to her but mainly her albums pre c-ship. when you think about it, its pretty icky that so many of the lyrics and themes in the eras post 2008 were around being the ringleader, the femme fatale, the dominatrix, etc when in reality britney was none of those things. she was robbed of so much yet forced to put on a persona for the world to see, how messed up is that? :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

• Like 1

I don’t listen to her music much anymore but I’ve also been a fan since her debut so I’ve heard these songs for years!

The only albums I’ll put on are her first 4 anyway. 
The Britney album will always be my fav. 

17 hours ago, Electric said:

Yes. I also find myself thinking more and more that she’s mentally unwell while watching her Instagram and the way she acts. Y’all can call it “freedom” or whatever you want, but once your stan glasses are gone, you’ll see the reality. It’s all very very sad. 

Sure Jurassic Leech! :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

I sometimes have involuntary breaks from her music. She's currently my 8th most listened artist according to my Spotify Stats, but a few months ago she was always somewhere between  the 3rd and the 5th place.  Plus, I've listened to her music looooong before Spotify or YouTube were around.

This happens to me with all artists basically. I listen to a lot of songs so it's just natural. However, when her songs come up I can't help but being pumped up :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

11 hours ago, Isla said:

I try to listen to her as much as I can. Without her releasing music and other artists releasing instead it’s only natural some fans may gravitate towards other artists. I definitely listen to a lot of other artists too but I’m trying to listen to Britney as often as I can. 

Also I disagree about Glory ‘ageing like milk’, sure of the songs are of their time but the album doesn’t sound completely dated to me. It is truly an amazing album imo and one of Britney’s best. 

I bought it on record recently, actually, the 2020 release that is. It's very cohesive and incredibly fun to listen to! Do You Wanna Come Over was a damn mood in 2016 and still is in 2022 :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Spoiler

Only downside is that the hole of the second record seems to be too small and I can barely get it to fit, let alone spin. The guy from the record store said something along the lines of shaving it with a metal thread. I haven't tried that yet, because it doesn't seem foolproof. Anyone any tips?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mhally said:

I bought it on record recently, actually, the 2020 release that is. It's very cohesive and incredibly fun to listen to! Do You Wanna Come Over was a damn mood in 2016 and still is in 2022 :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Hide contents

Only downside is that the hole of the second record seems to be too small and I can barely get it to fit, let alone spin. The guy from the record store said something along the lines of shaving it with a metal thread. I haven't tried that yet, because it doesn't seem foolproof. Anyone any tips?

You mean the vinyl? I brought it too! I only wish they had released the 2020 rerelease on CD (and even cassette) too. I'm more of a CD person. Also I have no vinyl tips because I don't really play them lol, I just buy them for collection purposes. Although we do have a vinyl player in my home. 

I have actually came back to listening to her more frequently because all the other music has been getting me down and in my feels. I was explaining this to someone a few days ago why Britney doesn’t have a lot of ballads because she just wanted to be happy. I find the more I listen to Britney the more I get my innate BB energy back.  But I do know the slump youre talking about and also I do look at the eras post Blackout very differently. 

stripping britney spears GIF by Billboard Music Awards

On 5/31/2022 at 5:19 PM, Daredevil said:

did you become a fan in 2021??

I grew up during her peak and downfall, so she was always either in the radio, TV, or mags. I knew the big hits (BOMT, Oops, Toxic, MATM, Gimme More...), but other than that, I didn't really follow her as an artist until 2021.

Let me tell ya, I was missing out! I'm so glad I went to the light and saw Jesus!

Yes, less and less and still I only go as far as Blackout. From then on I can't connect anymore except for a few songs on each album. 

I think Glory is overrated by fans and is as soulless and lifeless as all the other post-conservative albums. I honestly think that the whole thing with her saying that Glory was her baby was a Britney Jean is my most personal album kind of hype.

That said, none of this disqualifies the unique artist that she was and is, but Britney had her artistic development censored, pruned and blocked during the conservatorship, it really slowed her down. Which is a shame because before that, between In The Zone and Blackout she had been in a very promising and original development, experimenting and creating brilliant things.

I hope that IF she wants to come back one day, she will reconnect with that very powerful creative flow that was interrupted.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block