Does Anyone Find Themselves Listening to Britney Less and Less?

2 minutes ago, Electric said:

Yes. I also find myself thinking more and more that she’s mentally unwell while watching her Instagram and the way she acts. Y’all can call it “freedom” or whatever you want, but once your stan glasses are gone, you’ll see the reality. It’s all very very sad. 

Ok

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Iiquoricebabe said:

I don’t listen to her anymore at all.

To follow her is rather a habit. 

Doesn't make sense, if you don't listen to her music at all then why there's a need to even think of her? Break out of this habit then! Music is what you should connect to if you can't then there's no point because britney shouldn't exist for you then! 

I actually find myself listening to Britney more and more. My Britney binge began in early 2021, when I decided to listen to the entirety of the BOMT album while packing away expensive handbags at work. Ever since then, I keep finding hidden gems in her works (be it her unreleased stuff, stuff that wasn't a major hit, etc...) that keep me coming back to her work.

I'm also not gonna lie, reading GP comments about Britney is both amusing and infuriating at the same damn time.

• Like 5

I feel ya. I hardly ever go out of my way to listen to her music anymore. I feel like I overplayed her albums so much over the years. But there are times where I’ll go on a full Britney kick for like a week. I have to be in the mood though.

I’ve also been listening to other artists over the years. Don’t drag me but I enjoy listening to Taylor, Miley, and Avril more than Brit these days. Their music feels more authentic to me. 🙈

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I don't HAVE to listen to her 24/7 to be a fan, it has to do with many things like how busy I am, my mood (sometimes I don't even feel like listening to music), and also not wanting to overplay her (that would be the worst for me). But her voice and her music will always be whatever makes me feel the best. I just adore her voice. I don't care what my end-of-year Spotify list tells me.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Ryan Robles said:

I actually find myself listening to Britney more and more. My Britney binge began in early 2021, when I decided to listen to the entirety of the BOMT album while packing away expensive handbags at work. Ever since then, I keep finding hidden gems in her works (be it her unreleased stuff, stuff that wasn't a major hit, etc...) that keep me coming back to her work.

I'm also not gonna lie, reading GP comments about Britney is both amusing and infuriating at the same damn time.

did you become a fan in 2021??

52 minutes ago, Electric said:

Yes. I also find myself thinking more and more that she’s mentally unwell while watching her Instagram and the way she acts. Y’all can call it “freedom” or whatever you want, but once your stan glasses are gone, you’ll see the reality. It’s all very very sad. 

did you think she was well before seeing her insta?

I don’t find it hard to listen to the albums necessarily. She is proud of them, and I enjoy them. Particularly Glory it was evident she was really proud of it.

I don’t think it’s our place to cancel the work she did during the conservatorship. I just respect the fact she did it, despite the evil people around her.

Circus and Glory are 🔥.

• Like 3

no literally the opposite for me, the past few years has made my love and admiration for her increase tenfold and i pretty much always have her music on when im in the car or working lol

i 100% agree with your thoughts on other pop girls though, no one manages to grab my attention for near as long, especially newer stars

I tend to listen to newer music I like more and occasionally revisit older music from time to time. I still probably listen to Britney every week. I may not listen to a full album, but her music is a big part of my life. It’s my go to when I’m not sure what I want to listen to. At the gym. When I’m going out. When I’m sad. When new music comes out I definitely listen to her more, or I’ll go through phases where I’m really into a certain song, or album. 

Yes, but only because I’ve played all her music nearly to death. She’s been my most-listened to artist for sure for 11 years, and probably for 14 years, except for last year. (Lana took the cake last year because she released two albums in one year.)

There’s only so many times you can listen to the same song over and over. We haven’t gotten new music from Britney in 6-7 years besides two bonus tracks and some unreleased songs. The conservatorship was also a factor because Work ***** used to be one of my favorite Britney songs, but I’ve stopped listening to it since her testimony last year. 

• Love 3

I try to listen to her as much as I can. Without her releasing music and other artists releasing instead it’s only natural some fans may gravitate towards other artists. I definitely listen to a lot of other artists too but I’m trying to listen to Britney as often as I can. 

Also I disagree about Glory ‘ageing like milk’, sure of the songs are of their time but the album doesn’t sound completely dated to me. It is truly an amazing album imo and one of Britney’s best. 

• Love 6

I said on here a couple of months ago I rarely listen to Bŕitney now. I have Spotify and use it when I am swimming and I have 14 playlists that last like 4 hours each. And only 2 of them have Britney on them if I pick the playlist with her on it then its really the only time I listen to her. It's sad because I'm still a Britney fan but when an artist doesn't release a new album for such a long time and you're stuck with the same discography then it does become stale. Also I'm a massive fan of pink and since Britneys last album in 2016, she has released 2 albums and shes recording another album which it looks like it'll be released before this year is out, I'm a big JLS fan and they reunited and released a new album last year and have confirmed they are gunna start working on another new album soon. Plus theres so many artists that release  new songs that I love. And unfortunately because Glory is 6 years old now, i prefer listening to fresh new songs most of the time. I feel bad for saying this because i still love Britney and her music, it's just unfortunately because she hasn't released  new music for 6 years now she  naturally has been put on the back burner in my music a wee bit 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block