Does Anyone Find Themselves Listening to Britney Less and Less?

It depends, you make good points if we think about glory can be her last for a long time or forever. While I don't think like that, I am an avid music listener and from a musician family so my music is very spaced out but when I am working on emails or doing some household chores she is always played in background! 

I know her songs word by word now, so I don't play her on headphones at night before sleeping but I don't think her music has ever skipped a day when I am working just put her on background and work! She's very soothing to work to actually. 

I mix her up with Jazz a lot too! 

I always felt iffy with Femme Fatale and Britney Jean, where you couldn't hear her voice to a point it wasn't even her voice indeed. Glory sounded like a Britney approved album. Always had that sorted out so it's never a problem to me. I haven't listened to Femme Fatale in full since 2012 or something because I realized it wasn't a Britney album -- it was what a marketing agency thought a Britney album was. Glory had none of that, it felt like a Britney album with all the quirkiness I personally adore. Like, it always confuse me when people praise glories to Femme Fatale, because that one was the "producer" heaven people claim Blackout was, and with Britney as distant as ever.

Britney Jean is weird because, at the same time it's just like Femme Fatale to an extreme, there are some moments of vulnerability, so I can relate to Alien, for example, and the creepy throwback meaning behind Work B.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

i always thought (and after the conservatorship controversy, i am even more convinced) that her albums since circus are less authentic and more forced.

thinking about it, how can a woman, who was going on through hell by being forced to record music and to perform, make such provocative and sensual albums? (do you wanna come over?, hold it against me or slumber party, for example; you can tell that the passion wasn't there)...

it's like her team and family wanted her to put on this s*xy façade to distract everyone from the extreme sorrow she was experiencing...

• Love 5
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

This may sound selfish but I believe it to be true: no one talks about the mental health of Britney fans. We have been ridiculed, made fun of, and dragged. During the speculation of 2018/2019, we were deemed crazy despite being correct. Even though I don't have social media, I still get asked from my friends and family about Britney's posts and they make fun of her. While I have no problem defending her, it can be exhausting. We have been put through a lot as a fanbase in general.

For society in general it became very fashionable to ridicule Britney, humiliate her and destroy her in every way, it was a modern witch hunt, in those days when someone was accused of being a ''Witch'' was a cross that was going to accompany the person until it led to death. With Britney she was labeled as ''crazy'' ''mentally ill'' and unfortunately it is a label that will accompany her to the end by a part of society. When Sinead O Connor was labeled with similar things and still remain those labels by a portion of the public, mental illness is still largely taboo, and many think it's cool, to make fun of it. But the important thing is that whatever label is put on a person is not the reality of ''such a person''. For all the people who follow a person whose name has been tarnished to some extent, their fans will also be victims of those labels. Personally I am proud to see all her stages and to see how she is slowly being reborn, it is motivating. and moreover, to be a Britney Spears fan, but also to admire Britney the person, they are two very different things.

• Love 3

I definitely listen to her less. I love all of her music and if it’s on shuffle I will often leave it on, but I find it hard to connect with an artist’s music when they don’t even connect with it. It’s not her fault, most of it post 2008 was forced. Blackout is my favourite album of all time, I’ll never stop listening to that **** :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

Before I explain, I want to preface by saying I am not being mean but purely explaining an observational point-of-view on my own behalf. This has nothing to do with Britney personally, her social media presence, or anything of the such.

Now, after everything unfolded last June, it is pretty clear Britney's involvement in her career -- specifically music -- was forced.

I am having a hard time listening to songs post-Blackout because how much of it is really her? It's hard to say. Britney Jean and Pretty Girls were terrible and Glory was a step in the right direction, but the only reason Glory is so heavily praised is because it came after a disastrous album. If the album succeeded Blackout or Femme Fatale, things may be received differently. I also feel like it has aged like milk.

I just find myself listening to her less and less. She has been my favorite since 1998 and will forever be my fave. I understand and accept that this isn't her fault but listening to certain projects are tainted and puncture my values, beliefs, and overall ethics now that the truth is out there. While I didn't pay for the tickets, I went to her museum showing and feel guilty about it. 

When I look back at Femme Fatale, an era where she received her biggest radio hits, it feels weird to listen to.

Listening to Baby-Blackout are top-notch quality pop music and I find myself more cemented in those eras when she had her own autonomy.

It feels weird moving away from Britney's music wise because she is all I have ever known. None of these pop girls are near her, or they are severely watered down to the point of producing low "fizzles" and leave me with flat carbonated music. It's sad because I don't have a "spare" music favorite I stan for. There is a certain sadness in this. We all eventually move on and I am not hungry for any music because I know she doesn't want to do it anymore -- or at least for now.

I want her to tell the story and write her book. I can't wait to read it and I think it will provide some closure for not only her, but for us as fans.

This may sound selfish but I believe it to be true: no one talks about the mental health of Britney fans. We have been ridiculed, made fun of, and dragged. During the speculation of 2018/2019, we were deemed crazy despite being correct. Even though I don't have social media, I still get asked from my friends and family about Britney's posts and they make fun of her. While I have no problem defending her, it can be exhausting. We have been put through a lot as a fanbase in general.

I know this post is clunky and I can't pinpoint an exact reason as to why I find myself listening to her less and less. I hope I do not get hate for this and some of you may relate and if you do not, I would also like your perspective. I didn't edit this and there are bound to be errors.

Gurl someone had to say it. I genuinely enjoy all of her albums give or take some songs. I personally felt/saw the shift after the circus album and tour. I really think she still had fun doing that album and tour (which I saw live) and she was still feeling that fire. We know now, she was being promised that if she was a good girl it would only be a year. But that was a lie which continued every year after. And so you see her energy levels plummet during femme fatale and you could see in her eyes and face how tired she was. And sounded. Which we now know was probably due to forced medication. And then from there on she was stuck as a work horse and becoming more and more sheltered and given less and less freedom and responsibility. But I am here for new music, when she wants to make new music. I only want it when she’s ready. When it’s made out of pure passion and joy. Where she calls the shots.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, pancake said:

hmmm not really but i always listened to her music on and off

like if a song of hers comes on and i feel the vibe atm i will listen

but i do listen to her music quite a lot and i think always will

Same. Her pop songs are just instant classic jams every time they come on!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block