We should talk more about anime soundtracks!

Love Higurashi! What a stellar soundtrack, and a huge fan of Kenji Kawaii. Also really into the Death Note OST, particularly the works by Hideki Taniuchi. Bleach by Shiro Sagisu still reigns as one of my favourites, some of the most melancholic tunes too. Other favourites are Cowboy Bebop + Kids on the Slop (both by Yoko Kanno) and Bartender. Massive collector of anime music, sometimes they just hit so perfectly where western scores don't always.

• Love 1

Anime soundtracks were actually pretty huge in the community in germany/austria. In the early 00s TV channels - like in the US - would produce their own intro songs. They even produced full albums with 10+ songs. It was amazing at some point, because in digimon for example, they mixed the german songs with the original japanese soundtracks in the background, so you had both. I guess yall are talking about the original japanese OST but I just wanted to throw that in and give you some insight.
Β 

my personal favourite is the german one piece intro song.

Β 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, cocodeluxe said:

Anime soundtracks were actually pretty huge in the community in germany/austria. In the early 00s TV channels - like in the US - would produce their own intro songs. They even produced full albums with 10+ songs. It was amazing at some point, because in digimon for example, they mixed the german songs with the original japanese soundtracks in the background, so you had both. I guess yall are talking about the original japanese OST but I just wanted to throw that in and give you some insight.
Β 

my personal favourite is the german one piece intro song.

Β 

Omg yes! My favorite was the monster rancher song, really poetic and cool

Β 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block