Lady Gaga stuns for Haus Labs

Gorgeous! I like the contrast between Lady Gaga and Stefani Germanotta in the shots.

Looking forward to the Haus Labs relaunch! I hope they haven't ditched all of their old products though, my mum loves their Le Riot lipglosses and lip crayons.

• Love 2

Watching some videos, though she's still using the stage name..

Β 

Basically they said since the artpop, Lady gaga the persona was actually the last time represented there..

Remember Gaga the persona was known for outrageous fashions, actually having an opinion and couldn't care less what everybody thought.

Β 

Gaga is the controversial persona that would be proud to denounced the catholic church and religion.Β 

Β 

Stefani germanotta is basically what we have now, Her first dance album and while mot as successful, she is more hell bent to show she's the real deal, and while her career is a hit or miss in the US (if she brought back meat dress gaga or anti religious one, she would be huge, i would call her home country hypocritical as they don't care about talent but superficially stuff as usual).

Β 

Internationally, she's still beloved and is perhaps gonna be an artist that doesn't need her home country to support her.Β 

Β 

@Isla

Β 

Β 

@Jordan Miller

Β 

Bottom line, America loved gaga, not Stefani germanotta and that's why she's still lady gaga, but i bet she wanted to drop it, a star is born initially billed her as Stefani germanotta, but was changed quick when they realized it could backfire and be a disaster..

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Why the relaunch? Did something important happen and I missed it? Or did she fight with her makeup artist, the cofounder of the original Haus Labs or sth like that? I thought the brand was doing fine...

There was an article from Business Insider (?) saying the brand had kinda flopped because of the Amazon partnership. While I'd say it was a relative success, I feel as if it was only really popular/well known amongst Gaga's fans. It wasn't like Fenty Beauty/Rare Beauty that have expanded upon Rihanna and Selena Gomez's fanbases. Hopefully the relaunch and Sephora partnership sees them have more success. Although we don't have Sephora in the UK so hopefully they can partner with Boots or Space NK or something.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Isla said:

There was an article from Business Insider (?) saying the brand had kinda flopped because of the Amazon partnership. While I'd say it was a relative success, I feel as if it was only really popular/well known amongst Gaga's fans. It wasn't like Fenty Beauty/Rare Beauty that have expanded upon Rihanna and Selena Gomez's fanbases. Hopefully the relaunch and Sephora partnership sees them have more success. Although we don't have Sephora in the UK so hopefully they can partner with Boots or Space NK or something.

Ohh ok... But I find this "delete, start all over again" very weird and dishonest, especially for someone who's constantly preaching about being real and straightforward. So they won't be selling any of their original products? If Gaga and her team don't trust in their own products, then no one will... But I already see that she's mentioning skin care and clean products so I guess she's changing the narrative altogether. Marketing and design team fired ASAP.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

Ohh ok... But I find this "delete, start all over again" very weird and dishonest, especially for someone who's constantly preaching about being real and straightforward. So they won't be selling any of their original products? If Gaga and her team don't trust in their own products, then no one will... But I already see that she's mentioning skin care and clean products so I guess she's changing the narrative altogether. Marketing and design team fired ASAP.

Well I would hope they keep some of their old products at least, some of them were really popular with buyers. They did wipe their Instagram account though and their site is down until the 9th June when the relaunch happens. And yeah, I think the whole idea behind the relaunch is 'clean' products, I think they're coming out with skincare this time too.Β 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Isla said:

Well I would hope they keep some of their old products at least, some of them were really popular with buyers. They did wipe their Instagram account though and their site is down until the 9th June when the relaunch happens. And yeah, I think the whole idea behind the relaunch is 'clean' products, I think they're coming out with skincare this time too.Β 

How would you define the original concept in a nutshell? I swear I only remember sth along the lines of "another beauty brand...why not?", and maybe I would add some words like "bold" and "artistic", but I'm not sure that translated fully onto the products themselves. Now she seems to have gone for "a skin care brand more than a make up brand", with a more tamed approach.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

How would you define the original concept in a nutshell? I swear I only remember sth along the lines of "another beauty brand...why not?", and maybe I would add some words like "bold" and "artistic", but I'm not sure that translated fully onto the products themselves. Now she seems to have gone for "a skin care brand more than a make up brand", with a more tamed approach.

Nn I can’t even remember how it was originally marketed, apart from being β€˜bold’. Maybe something about standing out too. I do think the Amazon partnership might have been a bad idea.

2 hours ago, Isla said:

Nn I can’t even remember how it was originally marketed, apart from being β€˜bold’. Maybe something about standing out too. I do think the Amazon partnership might have been a bad idea.

oh I meant to ask about that, what happened with Amazon??

10 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

oh I meant to ask about that, what happened with Amazon??

Nothing too bad, but Haus Labs was available through both their own website and Amazon. But I don’t think this necessarily helped them reach a wider audience.Β 

27 minutes ago, Isla said:

Nothing too bad, but Haus Labs was available through both their own website and Amazon. But I don’t think this necessarily helped them reach a wider audience.Β 

But Amazon is like... THE online store of the world...

Then maybe people just like to buy make up in stores, not online.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Β 

Specially with makeup, people prefer to try new products in stores and see the real colors & textures before they buy it. That's why the whole "online exclusive" was a bad idea since the beginning...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Yeah I think that’s it. I don’t think people go to Amazon to buy makeup lol. I certainly don’t. Sephora is a better partnership.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block