Britney issues a statement on recent shootings: We need change. Enough is enough.

36 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Mental health in young men is very overlooked in this country. 

But isn't it strange? It's not like he had no one to talk to, he had plans to visit a girl and all that, it really is a mystery... 

But i guess some people are just a mystery. 

Imagine you are watching tv and your internet-flirt is a killer... 

1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

It's sad though. At this rate, we're all going to be under the Republican Party's conservatorship. Reproductive rights... their decision. Safety... their decision. Who you marry... their decision. Being able to afford basic needs... good luck, they only care about the rich. 

I stay away from politics because it’s a losing conversation no matter what but they are evil using the same terminology from the same 4-5 high-powered lawyers to justify their cruelty and nothing will ever change :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch: 

12 minutes ago, Alexanda said:

But isn't it strange? It's not like he had no one to talk to, he had plans to visit a girl and all that, it really is a mystery... 

But i guess some people are just a mystery. 

Imagine you are watching tv and your internet-flirt is a killer... 

It’s so strange how fast this guy decided to do this to an elementary school… one second he was angry because his grandma was calling AT&T because he had raised his phone bill that SHE was paying for.. then within five minutes je shot her and decided to go to an elementary school… this evil 18-year old child bought guns and it’s because Texas decided that everybody of legal age deserves the most dangerous weapon of all… sickening 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Read today that the number of children ******** went from 14 to 19 and now with 3 adults ********. Horrific events and I hate that there’s a part of me that’s destigmatized by this. Hate is a powerful word, but I’m starting to really hate the Republican Party. They say gun reform isn’t needed. That if a person is going to shoot someone, they’ll find a way. So why reform ******** laws? If someone’s going to do it, they’ll find a way. Use that same logic against them in regards to most of their policies and they can’t comprehend it or refuse to acknowledge it. They don’t budge on policy, but Dems are supposed to. It’s been over 2 decades from the first school mass shooting, their ways aren’t working and more of our countries innocent children are suffering. They care more about the unborn children, than the born children we have alive in this country. 

You spit NOTHING but facts. And they don’t care about children at all, they just want to control women’s bodies and own guns. :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, Kletus said:

It’s so strange how fast this guy decided to do this to an elementary school… one second he was angry because his grandma was calling AT&T because he had raised his phone bill that SHE was paying for.. then within five minutes je shot her and decided to go to an elementary school… this evil 18-year old child bought guns and it’s because Texas decided that everybody of legal age deserves the most dangerous weapon of all… sickening 

Yeah, i saw that screenshot, sickening indeed! But what i really don't understand: So many red flags... imho the gunlaws are one part of what went wrong, but the girl (yes she is young) but still...

Monday he wrote something about ammunition and what they do... 

like call the cops... 

It's not a normal conversation 

:wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

Social queen!!

Those red states continue to remove the freedoms of a woman’s autonomy and at the same time will do absolutely nothing when children die in a school massacre.

They are literally money driven and lack basic common sense. just like Britney’s conservatorship and family. 

People are evil. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 6
  • Super Mods

I have been so devastated with this news. These were children, babies, ********. The callousness and inhumanity that must run through the murderer to compel them to this kind of horrific action is beyond comprehension. And this is on top of the tragic shootings in Buffalo a mere 10 days ago, and a whole lineage of mass shootings in this country.

The fact people value guns more than children or the general safety of the public is beyond me. How is there more guns in the US than there are people that live here? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: And why do we need military style weapons to be in the hands of anyone, let alone an 18 year old kid? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I’m heartbroken and at the same time so numb… I just feel like we’ve witnessed so much mass causality in this country that it’s difficult to comprehend. How much can a shattered heart break? And how much rage can one experience before anything changes? Or does it? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I’d like to think proper laws can be passed to severely limit the circulation of semi-automatic weapons and high powered guns and ensure that there is proper licensing and background checks and all the common sense things that need to be done to ensure people are not gunned down for simply existing in public… but then I think that this country is addicted to violence in many forms, and that our political institutions cannot actually make any meaningful changes or reforms or be transformed because those institutions are complicit in it.

Idk I’m rambling at this point but I’m touched by Britney’s post. Alright, I’m going to go breakdown elsewhere :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Being in Canada and witnessing all the shootings in the USA I can’t say it was a shock. It’s sad people lost their lives but it’s even sadder not a thing will be done about it. I mean, women’s rights are about to be taken with SCOTUS reversing Roe v. Wade thanks to the court leaning heavily fundamental conservative… even if laws were instituted around gun control… they’d be challenged to SCOTUS and would be stricken down. It’s been really hard to watch what’s been happening down there in the USA. Seems like it’s really on a backwards trajectory. Lives lost, for nothing. And nothing will change. It never has and never will in our lifetimes it seems. I’m more angry that this could have been prevented than emotional which is probably because I like most are so desensitized to this occurrence happening down there. 

I’m glad Britney spoke up… but already tons of conservatives are trolling in her comments section that schools should be like prisons and armed guards should be on site… basically “we have a gun problem what’s the solution: more guns!!”

“only in ‘MURICA” as Britney herself has said in numerous posts. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I have been so devastated with this news. These were children, babies, ********. The callousness and inhumanity that must run through the murderer to compel them to this kind of horrific action is beyond comprehension. And this is on top of the tragic shootings in Buffalo a mere 10 days ago, and a whole lineage of mass shootings in this country.

The fact people value guns more than children or the general safety of the public is beyond me. How is there more guns in the US than there are people that live here? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: And why do we need military style weapons to be in the hands of anyone, let alone an 18 year old kid? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

I’m heartbroken and at the same time so numb… I just feel like we’ve witnessed so much mass causality in this country that it’s difficult to comprehend. How much can a shattered heart break? And how much rage can one experience before anything changes? Or does it? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: I’d like to think proper laws can be passed to severely limit the circulation of semi-automatic weapons and high powered guns and ensure that there is proper licensing and background checks and all the common sense things that need to be done to ensure people are not gunned down for simply existing in public… but then I think that this country is addicted to violence in many forms, and that our political institutions cannot actually make any meaningful changes or reforms or be transformed because those institutions are complicit in it.

Idk I’m rambling at this point but I’m touched by Britney’s post. Alright, I’m going to go breakdown elsewhere :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

You asked why people value guns more than children… in the comments section of Britney’s post I see a regurgitated position I’ve seen often in USA gun law debates: the government might decide to attack its own people as they have in radicalized countries therefore the people must be allowed arms to protect themselves… it’s such a stupid point as most western democracies have gun control laws and their governments are collapsing and attacking their own people. It’s so silly. It’s bizarre. People live on a different planet. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, x.rox said:

You asked why people value guns more than children… in the comments section of Britney’s post I see a regurgitated position I’ve seen often in USA gun law debates: the government might decide to attack its own people as they have in radicalized countries therefore the people must be allowed arms to protect themselves… it’s such a stupid point as most western democracies have gun control laws and their governments are collapsing and attacking their own people. It’s so silly. It’s bizarre. People live on a different planet. 

Civil war, republicans will have the guns. … democrats won’t :(

11 hours ago, floopy22 said:

First post that wasn't complete cringe in this thread.

I agree mental health in young men is overlooked and absolutely needs attention. Also opinions will differ and everyone is entitled to their own opinion; however, no offense meant, but using the word "cringe" about the other posts is an odd response given the tragic subject matter whatever your opinion may be.    

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block