"Hold Me Closer" officially drops on August 26th.  Pre-save. 🚀🌹

Selena Gomez Is Working On Next Album

I hope she does something more aggressive, dark and confident this time. Maybe some R&B or electronic influeneces? I also would love, if she would do something jazz/soul/blues inspired, in the lane of Sade, but I dont think that she will ever do that.

I have to agree that Fetish was one of her best songs. She could continue with that sound too.

• Love 2
On 5/23/2022 at 10:36 PM, princessmimi said:

I hope its like Revival aka her BEST album!

Rare was VERY underwhelming imo

PREACH AND PREACH :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

'Rare' tried but fell flat. 'Lose You to Love Me' is 'The Heart Wants What it Wants' ugly cousin. 'Look at Her Now', more like 'Bored at Her Now".

'Dance Again', 'Boyfriend', 'Souvenir', and 'Vulnerable' are bawps, though.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, mythology said:

She can’t sing… like, at all. Her music is OK but she has no voice.  I hope she retires, her songs would have been so much better sung by someone else tbh:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Disagree. You don’t have to have a great voice to make good music. She has a unique voice that makes her songs catchy and relatable. Not everything has to be about amazing vocals.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ToxicJAM said:

Disagree. You don’t have to have a great voice to make good music. She has a unique voice that makes her songs catchy and relatable. Not everything has to be about amazing vocals.

Britney has a unique voice.  Selena has… no voice.  It’s dull, flat, boring, weak, and generic.  It’s anything but unique tbh:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Adriannn said:

PREACH AND PREACH :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

'Rare' tried but fell flat. 'Lose You to Love Me' is 'The Heart Wants What it Wants' ugly cousin. 'Look at Her Now', more like 'Bored at Her Now".

'Dance Again', 'Boyfriend', 'Souvenir', and 'Vulnerable' are bawps, though.

Agree!

Even though I love "Lose You To Love Me", it just came off as a sob song about Justin (YES I know thats what it was)

I hope she makes an album as good as Revival, heck even as good as her 'Scene' albums.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I have a feeling it's going to be boring ballads mostly, just the vibe I'm getting from her recently.

I'm a huge fan or Revival and and some tracks from Rare.  I loved Vulnerable and I still love It Ain't Me with Kygo.  Hoping it's full of bops, but I guess we'll wait and see!

• Love 1

Yas whisper queen, come thru and snatch our wigs! :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Give us Love You Like a Love Song 2.0 or elseeee :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

3 hours ago, Isla said:

Am I the only one who liked Rare? It wasn’t as good as Revival but still a decent album. 

Revival is her crown jewel, but Rare is a great album. Not the biggest fan of Lose You to Love Me (an instant skip whenever Apple Music tries to force me to listen to it :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:) but Boyfriend, Rare, She, Crowded Room, Vulnerable!!!!!, Dance Again, Let Me Get Me, and Fun all slay. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 4
16 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

I hope she does something more aggressive, dark and confident this time. Maybe some R&B or electronic influeneces? I also would love, if she would do something jazz/soul/blues inspired, in the lane of Sade, but I dont think that she will ever do that.

I have to agree that Fetish was one of her best songs. She could continue with that sound too.

That would be nice!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, mythology said:

Britney has a unique voice.  Selena has… no voice.  It’s dull, flat, boring, weak, and generic.  It’s anything but unique tbh:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

That’s your opinion but she isn’t selling out stadiums and has multiple albums with three of them going number one without her having a unique voice. But sure, you’re the know all of everything. :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

18 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Yas whisper queen, come thru and snatch our wigs! :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Give us Love You Like a Love Song 2.0 or elseeee :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Revival is her crown jewel, but Rare is a great album. Not the biggest fan of Lose You to Love Me (an instant skip whenever Apple Music tries to force me to listen to it :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:) but Boyfriend, Rare, She, Crowded Room, Vulnerable!!!!!, Dance Again, Let Me Get Me, and Fun all slay. :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

I like Lose You To Love Me although I do find myself listening to the uptempo songs more often. I wish Vulnerable or People You Know had been a single.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ToxicJAM said:

That’s your opinion but she isn’t selling out stadiums and has multiple albums with three of them going number one without her having a unique voice. But sure, you’re the know all of everything. :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

You think she did all that with her singing voice?  You must be delusional:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

5 hours ago, mythology said:

You think she did all that with her singing voice?  You must be delusional:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

You’re the delusional one if you can’t understand basic logic. Of course not, nobody can sell with just their voice anymore…. Good voices are all over look at all the reality shows. I’m saying she has a unique voice, combined with catchy music, relatable lyrics… you’re so narrow minded, bye.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, ToxicJAM said:

You’re the delusional one if you can’t understand basic logic. Of course not, nobody can sell with just their voice anymore…. Good voices are all over look at all the reality shows. I’m saying she has a unique voice, combined with catchy music, relatable lyrics… you’re so narrow minded, bye.

That’s not what you said.  You stated her success is due to her unique singing voice which isn’t true.  She has solid lyrics and production, that has nothing to do with her voice.  Her songs are generally good but the vocals are ridiculously mediocre.  Even J Lo can sing better and she herself is a **** vocalist… but at least J Lo can dance.  What can Selene do?  She has no singing or dancing ability, completely talentless:tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Her music is easy listening and soothing but then she has those nonstop bops which are all fantastic! I would like to see a different side to her music than of pop with Selena. She can do the darker route which would suite her well with a mix of rnb and sultry almost like a trance music. Her pop is all good but maybe have that and combine with another genre.