Christina Aguilera ‘La Tormenta’ EP

Cqleb

27 minutes ago, Creamybg said:

If only the first single would have been TRAGUITO☹️☹️☹️
( mark my words )

I don t know why Xtina ( or RCA or Roc Nation ) ALWAYS choose the wrong first single for a project. 
And this is really a shame 🤐🤐

Roc nation, they messed up Anti rollout, Kiss Me once by Kylie (outside into the blue, which even she said is classic Kylie) is best to avoid with day one fans, nothing worse than Americanizing a pop star while Australian, but Is also British considering she has dual citizenship cos her work is mainly there. So she became a citizen as well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Creamybg said:

Anyway i m so mad with Xtina and her team. 
Best songs on the EP 

BRUJERIA and TRAGUITO 🔥

and the first single is the good ( but very forgettable ) SUELTAME 😒

I can’t understand. 
Someone pls explain this to me 🙏🏻🫶

Sueltame is amazing and it has Tini on it. But i do hope they release Brujeria and Traguito as singles. :madance_madonna_dancing_party_bw_black_white:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bbbsss said:

okay sis is looking SNATCHED! she’s definitely dieting again. I can see Baby Jane coming back. 

lmao she is wearing spanx.  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: she always appears to look better and then we see unedited pictres of her in regular clothes and its clear she looks the same. if you look at her from the side her belly is almost as far out as her *****.

Dior_Men_s_SpringSummer_2023_Collection_

dont insult Baby Jane like that

07.jpg

5 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

lmao she is wearing spanx.  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: she always appears to look better and then we see unedited pictres of her in regular clothes and its clear she looks the same. if you look at her from the side her belly is almost as far out as her *****.

Dior_Men_s_SpringSummer_2023_Collection_

dont insult Baby Jane like that

07.jpg

This look is so good, love the straight hair with few braids, skinny Xtina is coming to slay one more time :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I loved the EP  except for Cuando me de la gana (IDL mexican music) and Brujería it is very catchy but her pronunciation isn’t the best. 

1. Traguito 10/10 (want a traguito hearing this)

2. Sueltame 9.5/10 amazing vibes TINI is great but prefer the solo version

3. Te deseo lo mejor 9/10 nice melody

4. Brujería 8/10 just because te pronunciation is not the best

5. Mexican song (hear it the first 30 sec and thats it)  

Love the EP I think its better tham La Fuerza that i love instantly too 😍

2 minutes ago, Aleco said:

I loved the EP  except for Cuando me de la gana (IDL mexican music) and Brujería it is very catchy but her pronunciation isn’t the best. 

1. Traguito 10/10 (want a traguito hearing this)

2. Sueltame 9.5/10 amazing vibes TINI is great but prefer the solo version

3. Te deseo lo mejor 9/10 nice melody

4. Brujería 8/10 just because te pronunciation is not the best

5. Mexican song (hear it the first 30 sec and thats it)  

Love the EP I think its better tham La Fuerza that i love instantly too 😍

Te deseo lo mejor :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

In some parts of the songs I couldn't recognize her voice, I thought it was a feature on some songs :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I was super excited for this because imo La Fuerza was bop after bop but… this just sounds like a collection of b-sides. They sound like songs Camila passed on for Familia… 

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I’m sure they’ll grow on me a bit, but the only song that stands out is Traguito and even that is pretty basic… Cuando Me Da la Gana is cute but it just sounds like an alternate for La Reina, and she’s pushing her vocal cords WAY too hard, it sounds painful for her to sing…. 

:britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I’m hoping it’ll grow on me! Regardless, I’m still excited for EP #3! 

24 minutes ago, Brother Shawn said:

Lol why do you care so much about my opinion? Your fave’s music sucks and it has sucked for a very long time. Sorry. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Baby, replying to you or stating you're bitter =/= I care about your opinion.

In fact, when you say her music sucks it just makes it more interesting to me. You're bitter,  and clearly tasteless, and that is another fact

Pd: please refrain from replying, thanks.

Traguito and Te Deseo Lo Mejor are the "best" ones because they're the closest to pop, but they're pretty ok, like, I don't see them as singles, they're just like Track 14 in some album.

Cuando Me Dé la Gana, it's ok too, but La Reina remains the best. Ranchera music it's a very specific kind of taste and it won't appeal to a lot of people, especially if you're not from Mexico. Even I, as a Mexican, I'm not too crazy for it, but it's one of the few genres I guess, besides death metal, where her screams really come suitable :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: like, I know how y'all always complain about her screams, but they really fit this kind of music, in fact, a ranchera song without that kind of powerful vocals it's like a Britney IG post without a cryptic caption.

That said, for a themed album, I guess it's ok, like, as an experiment, to try something new, like, we all know she won't stick to this genre and maybe she won't even release another Spanish record in 20 years, but I hope someday she realizes, and other American artists too, that they can actually do a song in Spanish that is not these cliché genres. Believe it or not, we also have pop music, rock, pop-rock, electronic, dance, we have ballads, we have alternative kind of sounds, like, not everything is this urban/reggaeton/trap or regional/ranchera/banda/salsa. 

Now, I don't blame her, obviously it's logical that if what the most popular artists like, idk, Maluma, Karol G, etc are releasing this kind of music, everyone tries to imitate these sounds. Heck, even our own Latin artists that have careers since the 80s or 90s have fallen for that trap of trying to do these genres, but they fail to understand that if these current artists are making huge numbers, it's not because the music is good, but because they're the hottest artists right now and the youth loves them. That doesn't mean that if a singer from two or three decades ago comes and does the same style, will be as successful, because again, it's not the music, it's the artists that people are crazy about. Maluma can release whatever he wants and it will be successful because he already has his audience. That doesn't apply for older artists that haven't had a hit in years. And I know that's ageist and mean, but it's the truth.

So if she's willing to flop with an album that won't cause any impact, at least she should do something with more quality; there are great songwriters out there that could create a beautiful ballad for her, or a catchy up-tempo, producers that could help her with her pronunciation, there are many actual singers she could collaborate with instead of these current celebrities that are topping the charts right now.

Christina is already recognized as a great vocalist, she doesn't have anything to prove at this point, so even these EP won't affect her status, but precisely because she doesn't have anything to lose, she should dare to do something more artistic, and more her style, rather than trying to appeal to the younger audiences by jumping on these trends. If she's invited to collaborate with one of these current artists, that's ok, but for her own records she should do something better than this.

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block