Watch "Britney at the BBC" now on YouTube or iPlayer [Archive Footage]

Growing up with her and older now I cringe so hard at her liping to a CD track like,........wtf? I used to love that?

Β As far as pre recorded or singing along to a track LOVE IT!!! She has always had a great voice and I wish she was more confident in it during live performances.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Isla said:

Wait the Born To Make You Happy lyrics were controversial? I assume that 'fact box' meant the released ones as they mentioned Britney changing the original lyrics for the song in the next one.

Controversial in a sense it was a "I will do everything for this guy and it's all about him in my life" lyric compared to spice girls"empowered" lyrics

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, div said:

Controversial in a sense it was a "I will do everything for this guy and it's all about him in my life" lyric compared to spice girls"empowered" lyrics

Ahh I see. I didn’t know that. I mean it’s a song and I always saw it about being there for a particular love interest no matter what. That reminds me, I think Destiny’s Child’s Cater 2 U was criticised for the same reason.

19 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Growing up with her and older now I cringe so hard at her liping to a CD track like,........wtf? I used to love that?

Β As far as pre recorded or singing along to a track LOVE IT!!! She has always had a great voice and I wish she was more confident in it during live performances.

Parts of this special where actually hard to watch for the second-hand cringe. Β People always say 'oh but she danced so hard', well yes, at times she did but for some of these performances she's just standing there waving her arms lip syncing and for Not A Girl she's literally just sitting there. Β So she got on a plane, flew the whole way across the Atlantic...to just sit on a stool and mime. Β Performers would be crucified for that today.

And did anyone else feel like in hind-sight the Blue Peter performance of Toxic with the young kids off to the side (dressed like altar boys?) just felt slightly inappropriate? Β The song and movements are just very ***ual for such a setting. Β I'm getting old..

But we also got some gems with what seemed like genuine live vocals and then she reminded me why I love her. Β Absolutely loved the Born To Make You Happy performance. Β Sweet, simply, yet spell binding. Β Just showed that she never needed the gimmicks. Β It was worth watching for the nostalgia alone. Β Oh Britney, you're such an enigma.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Not the Lucky performance that always confuses fans :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:Β (the one where she "appears" in the audience too)

Yea what was that? Β I assume they were trying to go with the theme from the video of her looking down on herself but it's like they didn't fully commit so what you got was this confusing double take moment.

1 hour ago, handmedown said:

Parts of this special where actually hard to watch for the second-hand cringe. Β People always say 'oh but she danced so hard', well yes, at times she did but for some of these performances she's just standing there waving her arms lip syncing and for Not A Girl she's literally just sitting there. Β So she got on a plane, flew the whole way across the Atlantic...to just sit on a stool and mime. Β Performers would be crucified for that today.

I was watching MJ's HIStory Tour and he did the same. Except for a couple songs and the breakdowns of the songs, he would just walk from one side to the stage to the next while obviously lip synching. And it was just the same electrifying feel to it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block