A new era has begun in which rap is the main genre and a new wave of artists have emerged, mostly rappers. For the last 15 years we had #YoungMoney crew who opened doors and created a new lane for artists such as Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, Megan Thee Stallion, Jack Harlow and less visible artists that are building momentum Bia, Lattò, Doechii, Saucy Santana. 

Most of them are top players all over the streaming platforms, but top players doesn’t equal superstars. A superstar is someone like Nicki Minaj and Drake for obvious reasons (especially Nicki who is the only female rapper to have multiple solo TOURS; and also huge streaming numbers and plenty of accolades who haven’t been topped).

My question is, who are the next superstars in rap? Lil Nas X is headed for his own tour, but when will Doja and Megan follow? 

What about Cardi B? People have been comparing hew to Nicki for a long time, and a huge part says that she is already better and more popular.

But for me it's complicated to say who will be the next superstar, because everything changes so fast.

Rememeber Pop Smoke, he gained popularity so fast, and made people fell in love with his voice and songs. I thought that one day he'll become a legend, but we have what we have

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RitaScott said:

What about Cardi B? People have been comparing hew to Nicki for a long time, and a huge part says that she is already better and more popular.

But for me it's complicated to say who will be the next superstar, because everything changes so fast.

Rememeber Pop Smoke, he gained popularity so fast, and made people fell in love with his voice and songs. I thought that one day he'll become a legend, but we have what we have

Does Cardi sing? 
Does she write? 
Does she have hits? 
Does she have tours? 
Does she sell a festival in a day? 
Does she have her own identity? 
Does she generate enough buzz in order to outshine Nicki at the same event? 

Her popularity is questionable. She can be compared to other famous *********, but definitely not with the queen of rap. I already answered to my questions above so it’s not shade, it’s the mf tree! :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

7 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

Does Cardi sing? 
Does she write? 
Does she have hits? 
Does she have tours? 
Does she sell a festival in a day? 
Does she have her own identity? 
Does she generate enough buzz in order to outshine Nicki at the same event? 

Her popularity is questionable. She can be compared to other famous *********, but definitely not with the queen of rap. I already answered to my questions above so it’s not shade, it’s the mf tree! :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

In that point I totally agree with you. Now I see fully what what do you mean by word superstar. 

2 minutes ago, RitaScott said:

In that point I totally agree with you. Now I see fully what what do you mean by word superstar. 

You can compare Doja and Megan to Nicki in order for us to see realistically where they at atm. I can see Doja going on tour solo, but Megan’s star power has diminished recently because of the Tory Lanez situation. As for Cardi, I don’t waste my energy. One repetitive and basic song doesn’t make you FIT enough to walk in Nicki’s shoes. Where’s her tour and hits? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

2 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I like Nas X, Doja and a couple other rappers these days, but there a no new True Superstars. New ones that can stand in their own. 

Pop Smoke and Juice WRLD would have been really huge atm if they were alive. I can see Doja reign both in pop and rap, she’s that bich and has star power. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block