Katy Perry For Just Eat UK Campaign

On 5/21/2022 at 9:35 PM, davelivesfree said:

This is so 2010 like WTF :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Imagine changing yourself to the candylook again from 12 years ago because the GP and ur fans do not care anymore... She cannot evolve or what??? :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

To be the devil’s advocate, not everything has to always change. Maybe the candy land and camp look was popular in 2010 because Katy liked it (and maybe she just still likes it now). Just because it’s a decade later and other pop artists aren’t doing it doesn’t mean she has to change. It is her career after all.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

To be the devil’s advocate, not everything has to always change. Maybe the candy land and camp look was popular in 2010 because Katy liked it (and maybe she just still likes it now). Just because it’s a decade later and other pop artists aren’t doing it doesn’t mean she has to change. It is her career after all.

Don’t bother with them, they’re just pressed:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

But that's not the point I am referring to...

Her candyland look now doesn't feel genuine to me because she HAS CHANGED his look/image with all her last albums & her last single AND specially because she has spoken about feeling stuck with that image/look and “persona” from 2010/2013... And now that candyland look again from those years?  :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

Of course, she can do whatever the F she wants, but to me feels forced, reductive and not genuine just by looking at her “evolution”… Just my opinion :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, davelivesfree said:

But that's not the point I am referring to...

Her candyland look now doesn't feel genuine to me because she HAS CHANGED his look/image with all her last albums & her last single AND specially because she has spoken about feeling stuck with that image/look and “persona” from 2010/2013... And now that candyland look again from those years?  :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look: 

Of course, she can do whatever the F she wants, but to me feels forced, reductive and not genuine just by looking at her “evolution”… Just my opinion :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

When did she change her image? Besides a couple of singles for Pokemon and a collab, her last album was literally clown themed and her show in Vegas is totally camp and psychedelic/Alice in Wonderland type imagery. She's been doing the cartoonish schtick since the start of her career and has never really wavered from that, it's her thing.

1 hour ago, BlackoutITZ said:

When did she change her image? Besides a couple of singles for Pokemon and a collab, her last album was literally clown themed and her show in Vegas is totally camp and psychedelic/Alice in Wonderland type imagery. She's been doing the cartoonish schtick since the start of her career and has never really wavered from that, it's her thing.

Really? Hello Witness :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

And now because she is no longer that succesful, it seems like she is coming to that “classic look” again… I think is quite sad tbh. It seems like she cannot evolve without “selling herself” to that image over and over again… Madonna, Britney, Christina, Gaga, Miley… They evolve and never look back. Can you imagine Britney coming with her classic “Lolita image” again for example? :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

I love when an artist changes and tries new things. I adore “When I am gone” and those new visuals from her… and now this 2010 look again? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Also, the “clown theme” is not the same as this classic “candyland look” which is LITERALLY a copy/paste of her candyland look from 2010 :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired: 

Even the song screams “2010 Katy Perry” :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp: 

It’s 2022 y’all but whatever… Just my opinion.

It’s and AD after all. Reductive, but just an AD :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, davelivesfree said:

And now because she is no longer that succesful, it seems like she is coming to that “classic look” again… I think is quite sad tbh. It seems like she cannot evolve without “selling herself” to that image over and over again… Madonna, Britney, Christina, Gaga, Miley… They evolve and never look back. Can you imagine Britney coming with her classic “Lolita image” again for example? :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

I love when an artist changes and tries new things. I adore “When I am gone” and those new visuals from her… and now this 2010 look again? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Also, the “clown theme” is not the same as this classic “candyland look” which is LITERALLY a copy/paste of her candyland look from 2010 :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired: 

Girl Witness was just as cartoonish as her image had ever been, have you seen the videos for literally all the singles? :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: The only difference was she changed her hair and started singing about the state of the world. Her aesthetic has always been camp, OTT, cartoon style. Even the "candy land" look that you are referring to was literally one music video (California Gurls) and some of her tour outfits.

On 5/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, davelivesfree said:

It's a Just Eat ad... She's not trying to have her Lemonade era...

Just Eat probably requested this visual as it's what Katy is most known for, it seems more like a playful attempt to reference her past works... 

Its not that deep... And Katy has never evolved - When I'm Gone was literally the first time she's released something that doesn't feel like Nickelodeon on Acid. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:25 PM, Stefani said:

Imagine going from being the biggest popstar on the planet, to promoting the UK version of Uber Eats. :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

"Imagine going from being the biggest popstar on the planet, to....." to WHERE, bish? Where else can you go from there? Such success only happens once in a lifetime, you're a pop fan, you should already know that by now.

I can't believe her art direction..... Her budget on every single thing she does...... She feeds so many artists, she's on every single detail. Those lettuce bras with the sparkling jewels passing as drops of water... That alone blew my mind. She's like ten drag queens in one. HER MIND. Or her team's mind, I don't care, she gets it done and on my screen, every single time.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block