Taylor Swift: “I almost lost my career when I was cancelled”

KrisJ

13 hours ago, Isla said:

As much as I like Taylor, she hardly 'almost lost her career'. I mean, Chris Brown has done a lot worse and I don't see him being cancelled :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: 

But I get her and how she's feeling, 2016 was a pretty terrible time for her and a lot of the stuff people said on social media at the time did not help.

That's how i feel about it like i think she's being over dramatic about it :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: Like i don't hate her at all, i just think she could've used her speech in a more meaningful way than what she did

• Like 3

I’m confused as to when she hasn’t acknowledged her privilege and has used her stage for good on multiple occasions…some of y’all must’ve been in ya own bubble because Taylor was really ganged up on around that time. I had to pretty much pick a side at some point because of how friends were just like ew Taylor. I love her. I know she is not equal to me but her troubles and pain are hers alone, you can’t tell someone who and what they reflect on to get something across. 6 years again is still something to pull from for a commencement speech considering that it takes 4 years to get a bachelors and they can relate in their own way to her experiences. If you can’t relate, than don’t talk on it. It makes one bitter when they act like someone can’t pull from their own experiences. Mind you, she was humorous about it and y’all are being brutal with it. Like, did y’all lose ya funny bone or something? Can you not read sarcasm? For ****s sake.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

Y’all being messy and mean. Her speech was a... choice, but the way y’all invalidate her experience during the whole Kim and Kanye debacle is shameful. I wanted to catch up on Exhale tonight after a ****ty work week, but Imma skip y’all real quick. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

• Love 4
  • Like 2
On 5/19/2022 at 4:03 AM, IForgotYouExisted said:

Y'all are so mean and rude.

She WAS getting cancelled left and right with the while Kim and Kanye thing. You all trying to deny that isn't a good luck.

If any of you watched Miss America, you'd know she suffered. She suffered from an eating disorder cause of all of this.

She started to get hated on by the era of 1989 when she started developping the disorder. The whole Kim and Kanye thing later on only added more damage.

And the sad fact? Years later it turned out Taylor was teling the truth and both Kim and Kanye were lying.

You all should be ashamed.

Preaching respect for Britney while attacking on people like Taylor.

Really. Shame on u.

She was body shamed for not having a butt, so she got an eating disorder to get even less of a butt…make it, make sense 😂

• Haha 3

This little, insignificant thread here about a pop singer is a wonderful example of the awful dynamics going on in the world right now and it breeds hopelessness. People can't tolerate diverting opinions, people don't want to listen to anyone who is not an echo chamber of their own points of view. They feel personally attacked, they call out "authorities" to cancel (close a thread) they don't agree with. They ask for respect for themselves while disrespecting those they differ with or dislike.

Do I agree with how some people expressed their dislike about Swift here? No, definitely some people choose to criticize aspects that should be out of the scope, but this doesn't invalidate everyone or turn every person whose world was not rocked by the same person who rocks yours, into an awful person.  Disliking someone is not a sin and it doesn't make you a looser. Seriously, some claiming it's "jealousy" is infantilizing people who have a different opinion to yours, which also infantilizes those who use this as defense. And no, not everyone who dislikes whatever you love or like is an overweight, sad dude sitting in a somber basement, eating chips. Not everyone who disagrees with you or with me, hates their life and wishes they were someone else. They just...well, big news here: disagree with you. Not everyone is an azzole cause they don't think your fav is stellar.  Can people be more respectful? Pff of course, but I see disrespect from both sides, not just one. 

I agree, some people here are very toxic, some in their way of expressing opinions about that which they dislike and some in the way they can't even deal with those who don't agree with them. 

Seriously, we all should learn to argue for our points in more respectful, effective, less abrasive ways. Everyone trying to offend others, whether Taylor or those who don't kiss the floor Taylor steps on, why? Calling Taylor names is as wrong as saying those who don't love her are envious loosers. I mean, is it that hard to see you do the same thing you are criticizing? Everyone has a different perspective, so what?

I don't mean to tell anyone how to think or express themselves, but I was appalled at some of the childish behaviors here. The same ones I see out there in the world, with FAR MORE relevant issues. I come here to try to find lighthearted conversations about non issues.  It's ironic, that even something this silly becomes a destructive way to call names to others.  

Of course this is just yet another silly post in a meaningless thread, but I just had to vent at how terrible it is to see how people are not willing to address the other side and engage in respectful exchanges without immediately degrading their opponents. 

• Love 1

Yeaa this topic has made me srosly consider leaving the entire forum. Likee who the hell are these ppl writing nasty comments over her mentioning a major turning point in her life in her doctorate speech. Like yall would cry urselfs to sleep if ppl wrote all that about u what they did about Taylor. Why do yall complain about anything in ur life when theres always people who suffer more? Straight up disgusting behaviour, B-army is srosly getting as low as ARMY level at bullying other female artists for being succesfull and "basic". Why does TSwift have to sell s** in her music to be interesting? Like yeah some people dont want to just show their skin to be controversial and "iConiC" for the gays, some people want to just play great music they write themselves. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Madonna said it best in 2015

You have the nerve to type how you feel about me, but the funny thing is you couldn't do it to me in person, you would just freeze in fear of who's looking at you 

Madonna..

I'll be honedt. None of you have the audacity to actually tell Taylor swift in person how you really feel 

None of you can get up and do what a man did to iggy azeala and have it filmed as a valid receipt and say thank you for ruining rap music and make her wish she was dead right then and there cos i guarantee you that's what he wanted and she probably on the inside was a ******* mess 

So unless you can do what that one dude did.

Keep being a keyboard warrior if that makes your day.

@Jordan Miller

Sorry in advance but they had to have a reality check. 

@IForgotYouExisted the irony is none of them have the audacity to tell her how they truly feel about miss swift in person.

@Adriannn

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lisa88007 said:

She was body shamed for not having a butt, so she got an eating disorder to get even less of a butt…make it, make sense 😂

This is a pretty insensitive comment to someone who struggled with an eating disorder.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Are you seriously laughing off her eating disorder?!

This has got to be an all time new low for the Britney fanbase.

I’m laughing because I don’t believe her. IMHO all of her activism is performative. She tried to get rappers cancelled for making fun of her flat ***, and is now crying about getting cancelled. She said those comments about her *** pushed her into an eating disorder, which is confusing because losing weight decreased the fat you carry around your ***. I think her traumas are contrived. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 5/19/2022 at 7:31 AM, blackingouthenegativity said:

This is the first time I've heard about her being "canceled." You don't get "canceled" and then immediately have a hit album that opens with 1.21 million with Grammy nominations plus a hit tour afterwards. Enough with the victimhood. Even Britney doesn't complain this much about having her human rights denied to her for 13 years. 

And you know, it's a good lesson for her to learn. She got handed a superstar career after Kanye stole her VMA (which is not a Grammy, not a Nobel Peace Prize, not an Oscar, not even a Congressional Medal of Honor) and STILL plays victim about it. It was rude at the time, but good lord what a first world problem. How hurt can you be over an irrelevant VMA?

OMG I so agree!

Btw did u know she has a FRAMED PIC of that Kanye moment in her living room?!

WHO WANTS TO HAVE THEIR MOST EMBARASSING MOMENT HANGING IN THEIR LIVING ROOM FOR EVERYONE TO SEE?!

I  love her music but she just seems weird

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block