Movie Recommendation: "Everything Everywhere All At Once" (A24) by Daniels

• Content Curators

I am not sure whether Exhale in general likes watching movies, but "Everything Everywhere All At Once" is a must-see in the cinema. It is maximalist style at its best. I do not want to spoil too much because it is best to go in blind, but this movie is incredibly entertaining, funny, but heartfelt at the same time. The way it tackles the multiverse theme is way more bat**** and ambitious than any 200 million budget Marvel film, despite its low budget. Expect one of the weirdest, but fun movies you have seen.

This is the best cinematic experience I've had in a very very long time. And the movie is still in cinemas in US. So please check it out if you want to have fun and laugh at the ridiculousness of the movie. It's got action, romance, comedy, family, thriller, Michelle Yeoh from Crazy Rich Asians, Jamie Lee Curtis (who's never been this funny), etc. I cannot wait to read everyone's thoughts on this movie. 

Despite being dumped with a tragic release date, the industry is going crazy about this movie, bringing this movie into next year's Oscar conversation. It's currently the third highest-rated movie on Letterboxd (4.6/5), 8.8/10 on IMDb, 96% on Rotten Tomatoes, and 82/100 on Metacritic.

Edited by Invitation
  • Content Curators
26 minutes ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

This was at an indie theater near me and I almost saw it but didn’t. Now I really want to. Thanks for the recommendation. It looks amazing!

I think a lot of people think this is an indie film, and probably too 'artsy' to enjoy or have a good time, like a lot of Oscar-bait movies. But I think this movie is really entertaining, and delivering on everything. 

• Content Curators
35 minutes ago, allthat88 said:

Everything Everywhere All at Once really blew me away!  It’s so original & creative!  Thought provoking & just beautiful!  Refreshing since movies don’t take chances like this anymore!  It’s so good!

I know. Original movies still exist, but unfortunately they're made by companies that cannot afford massive marketing campaigns. I am so glad audience is still turning up for this movie.

Edited by Invitation
1 hour ago, Invitation said:

I think a lot of people think this is an indie film, and probably too 'artsy' to enjoy or have a good time, like a lot of Oscar-bait movies. But I think this movie is really entertaining, and delivering on everything. 

I prefer indie films. I am lucky enough to live in a small town that actually has an independent movie theater that doesn't just show the typical re-boots and sequels that seem to plague Hollywood now. It's the only place to go to see original films nowadays. I should have seen it while it was playing at that theater, but they only play movies for a week at a time. 

I'll have to catch it on streaming. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block