Goodbye Little Mix - the group officially go on hiatus

Slayer

Well it's over :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

After over a decade of music, Little Mix is officially on hiatus. Selling over 70 million records, they became the second biggest-selling girl group of all time and the most streamed girl group ever on Spotify. They achieved 5 UK #1’s, 3 Brit Awards, and made immense impact.

Little Mix completed their final show of the Confetti Tour at the sold out O2 Arena in London tonight. The final show was broadcast all over the world and shown in cinemas.

Little Mix cried throughout and promised 'Little Mix are forever' and expressed their love for each other multiple times throughout their final show.

After the show and live stream ended the girls came out again and performed Between Us for a second time for their fans.

My heart :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

FSwDLNpUYAA4kpR?format=jpg&name=small

• Love 9

It's the end of an era...for now.

But the guardian did put out a really great article touching on for the first time ever, the British pop Music industry is bleak, cos who does British pop better than a girl band.

While There was 3 key girl bands representing the 3 different eras.

Spice girls defined the 90s, especially the cool Britannia era, where being British was a big deal, political switch thanks to Tony blair and who better than to crash Britpop, and Boy bands then five totally different individuals saying Girl Power, while the other two might have broken records, one can't deny girls aloud and Little mix didnt go global as the Spice girls, but we need to ask ourselves, was that a factor they didn't last long, look at the itinerary and flight schedules. 

That was gonna burst, one day canada, the following day, Japan, then Australia, well you get it. 

Girls aloud represented 2000s, pop and Cheryl would be the spokesperson and who can't forget her infamous dig at Nicole and what she dubbed glorified back up dancers with pcd..it would go back to haunt her as she would be called mean and hateful in Twitter era..

Little mix represented 2010s, and probably took elements of both predecessors including drama, like Spice girls, a fall out between Jesy and the others would hit it's peak especially given Leigh Anne's stance on racism and knowing truthfully Jesy didn't like the Music and other stuff. 

Bit all that aside, without a girl band does British pop Music stand a chance. 

The guardian hit it. Pop Music was done better by a girl group, especially considering each one has individual members and great marketing.

Why wasnt there dolls and other stuff. 

• Love 1

I don't know why I'm so devastated by this. I just feel like they worked so hard to finally get world wide recognition and now that they are at their peak, now they decided to quit. What was all the point of hyping themselves up for then? I wish they made another album, with some new fresh sounds, and then went off and did their separate projects. Their star power comes from being three sisters. I won't be able to see them as anything but Little Mixers. 

Anyway, I'll eventually get over it ... but it sucks I'll have this void now where they filled recently. :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 1

I can't believe how massive their presence was in the 2010s. Maybe not in the States and regarding numbers, but here in Europe, they're known extremely well by the general public and they have a big fandom. 

Their songs will be remembered and Little Mix will always be synonymous with friendship in my eyes. I'm a little bumped about the whole Jesy drama and that she didn't stay until the end but she had her reasons for that. Each to their own. 

• Love 4

It's a well, WELL deserved break, but to be going out on such a high is a rare sight. I got into these girls at the end of 2016 and it was the best thing that happened to my music collection since I found Britney in 2001. Their sisterhood, bond and strong performance skills made everything so much better. 

I'm so grateful that they gave us the respect to let us know about this break well in advance so we had time to prepare ourselves, which I have, but d@mn if I don't get feels  every time I think about it. 

I just bought a new LM5 yearbook and Between Us super deluxe just to keep sealed in plastic 😭 Shame I couldn't go as planned because I couldn't get my Visa Renewed in time  but I'm glad everyone who went and watched did enjoy it. 

I'm VERY excited for their future plans individually and together. 

God, I love them. So F***n much❤️

• Love 3

I watched the live stream and it was such a fun experience. I couldn’t believe I actually cried, let alone cried 4 different times. I will miss this group so much! They made us Mixers feel like we were part of their friend group and I think that’s what’s also sad, it feels like we’re losing our mates. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I live in California, so as much of a LM Stan I am, I never felt the degree of fandom they have in the UK. I was surprised to see how many older men and women were in the audience. They had little kids, teens, groups of girls, gay men, moms and their kids, couples, people that looked like average joes in the crowd. It really made me see Little Mix is like a national treasure to the people of UK. It made me feel so proud and happy for the girls. They truly are history! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block