The Unofficial Eurovision 2022 Thread

mhally

I can’t believe this thread hasn’t already been made yet, but here we are. Hence, I’m going to change this utterly sad moment in time, so welcome to...

THE UNOFFICIAL EUROVISION 2022 THREAD

Eurovision Controversy GIF

Every year tons of absolute wacko’s - like myself - look forward to one of the most camp and ridiculous musical events on the international stage. :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: EUROVISION!!! :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: International you say? Why yes, because even though the name suggests only European countries can participate countries such as Israel and Australia partake too! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:
The winning country of the previous year gets to organize the shindig. Since Italy won with Maneskin’s Ziti e Buoni in 2021 this year humankind’s favorite cringe fest is held in picturesque Turin. :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

Everybody Dance GIF

Eurovision is peak culture and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on. The iceberg is immens and the amount of iconic artists, performances, songs and moments are infinite. I’ll update this thread later with links to marvelous YouTube compilation videos. In the meantime, let me introduce you to a phenomenon called Epic Sax Guy:

eurovision markus GIF by NRK P3

Last Tuesday was the first Semi-Final and my girl S10 did amazing and qualified for Saturday’s final. Tonight is the second Semi-Final and it’s expected to be a massacre since a lot of fan favorites are in this Semi-Final :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: 

Saturday night is Finale Night and I can’t WAIT! :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: Alright, guys, gals and non-binary pals, whilst I go back to work you guys go discuss why this is what we should show the aliens when they contact us, who your favorites are this year, your all-time favorite performances, etc. HAVE FUN AND STREAM FUEGO!

**** eleni foureira GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, mhally said:

I can’t believe this thread hasn’t already been made yet, but here we are. Hence, I’m going to change this utterly sad moment in time, so welcome to...

THE UNOFFICIAL EUROVISION 2022 THREAD

Eurovision Controversy GIF

Every year tons of absolute wacko’s - like myself - look forward to one of the most camp and ridiculous musical events on the international stage. :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: EUROVISION!!! :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary: International you say? Why yes, because even though the name suggests only European countries can participate countries such as Israel and Australia partake too! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:
The winning country of the previous year gets to organize the shindig. Since Italy won with Maneskin’s Ziti e Buoni in 2021 this year humankind’s favorite cringe fest is held in picturesque Turin. :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up:

Everybody Dance GIF

Eurovision is peak culture and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on. The iceberg is immens and the amount of iconic artists, performances, songs and moments are infinite. I’ll update this thread later with links to marvelous YouTube compilation videos. In the meantime, let me introduce you to a phenomenon called Epic Sax Guy:

eurovision markus GIF by NRK P3

Last Tuesday was the first Semi-Final and my girl S10 did amazing and qualified for Saturday’s final. Tonight is the second Semi-Final and it’s expected to be a massacre since a lot of fan favorites are in this Semi-Final :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: 

Saturday night is Finale Night and I can’t WAIT! :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: Alright, guys, gals and non-binary pals, whilst I go back to work you guys go discuss why this is what we should show the aliens when they contact us, who your favorites are this year, your all-time favorite performances, etc. HAVE FUN AND STREAM FUEGO!

**** eleni foureira GIF

I would LOVE for Chanel to win! But Eurovision is all about politics, so I'm afraid Ukraine will win, and that song is meh.

• Love 2

Norway’s jury votes and televotes surprised me. I thought they would do so much better! :nothavingit_whitney_houston_mad_annoyed_stare_whatever_irritated:

I was also insanely - yet pleasantly - surprised Italy gave us, the Netherlands, 12 points! That was a fun one to finish the jury votes off with :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

I think Romania peaked too early with the fans, so they didn’t pull trough with the televotes. Then the GP probably forgot about them as they were second in the line-up. Such a good song though! And the choreo is so mesmerizing! :onpoint_ten_10_wow_yes_yas:

I think all of the UK collectively has a massive hang-over tomorrow after tonight’s party, lmao :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

And of course: congratulations to Ukraine and thank you Italy for hosting! :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:

On 5/12/2022 at 5:53 PM, TommyX said:

I wish they made it …

Me too, but we don't take any risks, so see you next year at the same place. lol

They denied the entry, because it's not family friendly, such a bad decision... 

I am happy for the UK and Spain as well, because they struggle so often, just like germany in the songcontest. :) 

• Super Mods

Honestly disappointed that Ukraine won. The song was ok, but far from a winning one.

This just went ahead to prove that us Europeans are incapable of separating politics from absolutely anything. Eurovision is a SONG contest, not pity points contest. 

Europeans are like" awww look at these poor ukrainians getting ******** on the daily basis, let's let them win a singing contest that means absolutely nothing to make them feel better" 

Also Europeans: Gretchen Lacey GIF by Mean Girls

This all comes from a place of guilt because EU is doing next to nothing to help Ukraine and its citizens. Opening borders and sending food doesn't cut it. Neither does sanctioning Russia, because, believe it or not, European countries are still purchasing gas and oil from Russia. And this is Russia's most important source of money. 

Europeans were, are, and will forever be, a bunch of classist hypocrites who only care about their own well-being. Everything else is a lie we tell to others and ourselves.

Rant over. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block