VIDEO: Unseen footage of Britney singing at a kindergarten graduation (1991)

I gotta say as a singer that what she is doing here is not easy…especially as a kid. I think Britney with the right coach and approach even today could surprise us with her voice. It would just implied taking hours of classes and a couple of years of strong discipline, not smoking, etc… and I think after everything she’s been through that might be something she just doesn’t want…and she is totally free to do wtv the F she wants!! But man that stage presence was there since she was a baby!! 

2 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I agree. I love B. Her child voice wasn’t good here. She improved on the MMC, but I remember a casting director even saying her voice was weak compared to the rest of the crew - but she made up for it in spades with her dancing, stage presence, and enthusiasm. She’s a performer, not a strong vocalist.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, amp22 said:

I gotta say as a singer that what she is doing here is not easy…especially as a kid. I think Britney with the right coach and approach even today could surprise us with her voice. It would just implied taking hours of classes and a couple of years of strong discipline, not smoking, etc… and I think after everything she’s been through that might be something she just doesn’t want…and she is totally free to do wtv the F she wants!! But man that stage presence was there since she was a baby!! 

I agree that her voice has some strong qualities and with the right coach she could have and still could be good!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I agree. I love B. Her child voice wasn’t good here. She improved on the MMC, but I remember a casting director even saying her voice was weak compared to the rest of the crew - but she made up for it in spades with her dancing, stage presence, and enthusiasm. She’s a performer, not a strong vocalist.

This is an incorrect statement the casting director of MMC said absolutely nothing of the sort Matt Castella has only talked about how incredibly talented she is in all regards and she was never compared to any of the other cast member in a negative way.

11:53

• Love 7
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, shanemw1 said:

This is an incorrect statement the casting director of MMC said absolutely nothing of the sort Matt Castella has only talked about how incredibly talented she is in all regards and she was never compared to any of the other cast member in a negative way.

11:53

Then it’s someone else, or another casting director who also assisted - I’ll find the quote!

14 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Then it’s someone else, or another casting director who also assisted - I’ll find the quote!

I also recall an interview with JC Where he was describing what it was like on set with Britney and Christina and he said people like to sleep on Britney’s voice and that that’s a mistake because between the the two of them it was constant back and forth in terms of vocal prowess. I cannot find that one though sorry. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, EmmaJG said:

It’s so sad what happened to her voice. So much wasted potential. I hate her record label for stripping her natural singing voice from her.

i hate this "wasted potential" stuff. then what are we even doing here, but celebrating the musical career of legendary miss britney?

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, NotBuyingIt said:

actually britney usually blew it out of the park. The director for "Ruthless" (the off Broadway musical Britney was an understudy for Laura Bell Bundy) said Britney was very talented, and that she took all the songs and wanted to sing them higher, only because she could. Even Jessica Simpson said she didn't make it to MMC because Britney blew the producers away with her voice.

Britney's voice is just a style choice. She's trained at that stuff.

• Love 3
  • Like 3
24 minutes ago, Applejack said:

actually britney usually blew it out of the park. The director for "Ruthless" (the off Broadway musical Britney was an understudy for Laura Bell Bundy) said Britney was very talented, and that she took all the songs and wanted to sing them higher, only because she could. Even Jessica Simpson said she didn't make it to MMC because Britney blew the producers away with her voice.

Britney's voice is just a style choice. She's trained at that stuff.

I’ll find the quote from Britney: Inside the Dream!

Honestly, I just don’t think her voice is top notch - not consistently and not when it comes to control. It’s unique, but not fabulous. I like her for other reasons. 🤷‍♀️  I recall a Jive person also spilling that her voice wasn’t A+ on her demos or tryout.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

I’ll find the quote from Britney: Inside the Dream!

Honestly, I just don’t think her voice is top notch - not consistently and not when it comes to control. It’s unique, but not fabulous. I like her for other reasons. 🤷‍♀️  I recall a Jive person also spilling that her voice wasn’t A+ on her demos or tryout.

Britney had a lot more control than Xtina, on Star Search (where she basically sounds like Judy Garland), on the MMC (where she basically sounds like Toni Braxton). And yes, Jive didn't like her voice when she did the live audition for them. They said "We just don't see it."

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Britney had a lot more control than Xtina, on Star Search (where she basically sounds like Judy Garland), on the MMC (where she basically sounds like Toni Braxton). And yes, Jive didn't like her voice when she did the live audition for them. They said "We just don't see it."

Really? I just don’t see it with Britney. She was very good on Star Search, but I can sense on MMC that she wasn’t as well controlled.

Jessica got a 7.5 for her vocals, Britney an 8, Christina a 9.5 during MMC tryouts. Chuck Yerger, the lead tutor and principal, said Britney taught the other kids about dance because she trained - but that she “learned a lot through others vocally.” He also said he didn’t know if she had the “sophistication.”

To me, Britney stood out because she was a far superior performer with unmatched energy. As a kid, I never cared that much about her voice. Ever.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Really? I just don’t see it with Britney. She was very good on Star Search, but I can sense on MMC that she wasn’t as well controlled.

Jessica got a 7.5 for her vocals, Britney an 8, Christina a 9.5.

On the MMC both were singing very different styles, Britney was doing dance/R&B music, whereas Xtina had the big Aretha songs, but for example Britney's belts in "I Feel For You" are way more controlled than Xtina belting in "I Have Nothing." Xtina sounded slighty shaky sometimes - and she did wonderful, no doubt. But like, Britney could belt like crazy, I always keep referring to kid Britney belting New York, New York. Maybe you just don't like the texture on her voice, that's fine, but Britney showed herself to be a very controlled belter. Like, random stans fight over "ooh did she sing this with ressonance", and here it is kid Britney singing in a backyard with crappy acoustics, showing ressonance like it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn425JGGvRU

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Applejack said:

On the MMC both were singing very different styles, Britney was doing dance/R&B music, whereas Xtina had the big Aretha songs, but for example Britney's belts in "I Feel For You" are way more controlled than Xtina belting in "I Have Nothing." Xtina sounded slighty shaky sometimes - and she did wonderful, no doubt. But like, Britney could belt like crazy, I always keep referring to kid Britney belting New York, New York.

I really like that New York performance as well. I just don’t think Britney was consistent and I think she was far shakier than Christina.

To each their own - we aren’t going to see eye to eye and that’s fine. Britney’s voice has never been important to me so it certainly doesn’t detract from my love for her. She is my favorite performer and person for a trillion reasons!

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block