Was it really Britney's decision to cut racy scenes from music videos?

As you all may remember, Teamcon placed the blame squarely on Britney for cutting scenes from Work B (mirror scene) because she allegedy felt they were too racy, same story with the entirely scrapped LaChapelle video for Make Me.  At the time, I figured the conservative mommy jumped out and respected her decision. But now looking back, it doesn't really line up with what we know about Britney today. She appears to enjoy showing off her body and doesn't shy away from posting risque material on the gram.

It begs the question, was it really Britney's decision at all to cut these? Or is that just what we were told? Thoughts?

• Love 1
  • Like 2

My honest opinion was that it was her decision but probably not because the scenes were too ****... she was probably just exercising some control over her career as she couldn't in her personal life.

"they want me to be ****, well I won't" type thing. 

We now know she couldn't just stop working back then so that was probably her way of taking some control for herself. In case of Make Me she clearly just didn't like the concept, rather than it being too ****. 

But also her kids were younger back then so idk... Maybe it was a mixture of the two 🤷

• Love 1
  • Like 4
20 hours ago, Mayenaise said:

My honest opinion was that it was her decision but probably not because the scenes were too ****... she was probably just exercising some control over her career as she couldn't in her personal life.

"they want me to be ****, well I won't" type thing. 

We now know she couldn't just stop working back then so that was probably her way of taking some control for herself. In case of Make Me she clearly just didn't like the concept, rather than it being too ****. 

But also her kids were younger back then so idk... Maybe it was a mixture of the two 🤷

I think this is closest to what probably went down. Good take :wink_britney_everytime_white:

I actually think this public posing of almost nudity is a **** you to dad and family like I know they're going to be furious I'm doing this so **** them and here u have it.. I truly believe that... It's her way of showing them who's boss in a way.. I know it sounds off, but it makes sense. I imagine her father being livid seeing her doing that so publicly and she doesn't gaf what he thinks and is taking over her power.. 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods

Seeing as her dad is a conservative with strong religious beliefs, I feel she likes doing it out of spite just to get at him and her own way of regaining some control over her body. 

the conservatorship really tried to paint her as a wholesome mom so definitely her team wanted to downplay anything scandalous or explicit. 

I hope she does say something about this as she has regretted some risqué photo shoots like the pearl necklace one Diane Sawyer showed her. 

• Love 1

She was a mom of two little boys, I could always tell she felt very uncomfortable with her body back in 2010-2014 and she would talk about not feeling **** enough (as she did recently in her IG post). People change, you know, especially mothers. But I did pick up that she was uncomfortable with ***ual stuff back in those days. I refer to Perfume video shoot - she looked so damn uncomfortable.

They let her release so many ***ual songs, I don't think they were all that conservative, just like they weren't following Jesus' words when they got greedy with money either.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Seeing as her dad is a conservative with strong religious beliefs, I feel she likes doing it out of spite just to get at him and her own way of regaining some control over her body. 

the conservatorship really tried to paint her as a wholesome mom so definitely her team wanted to downplay anything scandalous or explicit. 

I hope she does say something about this as she has regretted some risqué photo shoots like the pearl necklace one Diane Sawyer showed her. 

Ugh, Diane is the worst for making Britney feel like that photo shoot went too far. I think Britney liked it - but people just convinced her it was not acceptable (and they continue to be wrong, of course).

I suspect Britney was feeling herself and enjoying being free, but that wore off when the world shamed her. She starts questioning her own actions at that point.

I may be wrong, but that’s my suspicion!

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

Ugh, Diane is the worst for making Britney feel like that photo shoot went too far. I think Britney liked it - but people just convinced her it was not acceptable (and they continue to be wrong, of course).

I suspect Britney was feeling herself and enjoying being free, but that wore off when the world shamed her. She starts questioning her own actions at that point.

Makes sense as it came out of nowhere and Britney didn’t know what to say. Didn’t realized it was her own apartment they did the interview at so Diane was being very disrespectful entering her home like that and grilling her.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, NotBuyingIt said:

or maybe it wasn't even that she questioned herself, she was just trying to answer the "politically correct" thing, because how dare she admit  that she likes her racy pictures on national television.

And I think that could've been the case in the conservatorship years too. She was supposed to be a mom, she was supposed to be good, so she "decided" to cut those scenes or whatever, but because that's what she thought that others would expect from her, so they wouldn't think negatively of her. That, or she was really insecure with her body thanks to her father, as it's been said on this thread.

But whatever the case, we could see as years went by, how confident she got at the POM show for example.

She started wearing stuff like this

032.jpg

and ended wearing things like this

077.jpg

5277776-6302899-image-a-99_1540207297342

• Love 2

I don’t really like the idea of bringing up her father saying she’s doing this to spite him? That sounds way too Freud for me. I think spite is some of the comments being written about it to spite Britney. That’s spite—being negative for the sake—not freely expressing oneself, which may seem spiteful to some but that doesn’t mean it comes from spite. 

No, Britney is doing this as a free agent. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Personally, I think she loved the original Make Me video...I believe that got axed for entirely different reasons.

Otherwise...

From the start of the CON they were trying to ram the Bible down her throat...In the worst way possible.

It makes sense that she would start to question her own sense of self and her ***uality because of it.

And who would want their own father on set with them to supervise while they filmed kissing scenes? Pretty much any woman would react negatively to that.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block