Was Tik Tik Boom supposed to be a subversive track?

As many of us know, by the final chorus of Tik Tik Boom, it sounds like she's fully not saying "Tik Tik" at all. In your opinion, was the song meant to be another subversive moment a la' If You Seek Amy", where there was a potential opportunity to dupe stations into giving a naughty word some airplay, or are some of us just pervs for thinking it sounds dirty when it's not?

Bonus questions:

- Do you think the track was ever considered for a single?

- Do you find TI's contribution problematic?

Just now, Martian_M00d said:

Why would you want to write this is her most personal album and have songs like this on there? 

According to Anthony Preston, the producer for Tik Tik Boom, Britney recorded a lot of material for BJ that was ultimately scrapped. Britney thought that she was recording a super personal album but it seems Jamie/Larry chose to go in a much different direction without telling or asking her - at least this is what he alludes to on the original doll podcast.

• Love 6

I like TTB but a Britney and T.I. pairing should have been bigger than it was. The song is okay, but could have been huge if it was a great song. 

I love T.I. and him and Britney could've had a hot moment.

But it sounds like tik, not d ick even at the end of the song.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

It just sounds like a filler track they slapped on the album. I don't really understand the marketing department or producers behind the framing of this album. Why would you want to write this is her most personal album and have songs like this on there? 

because Larry and Adam were picking up the hottest producers in town to work on the album, while everyone else was confused, styles didn't mesh.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes, yes, and yes.

I actually love this track! I think it could have been huge with the right video.

T.I.'s verse is super problematic...But I still laugh at it every time.

TASTE!

I just replaced his rap with Luda's rap on Yeah! and it works right with her doing the YEAH! ad libs into the chorus...

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Someone needs to stop letting TI ruin songs like this

Amerie’s Touch, Nicole’s debut, Cher Lloyd’s second lead, and then… this…

I swear they’re confusing him with T-Pain, someone who can actually rap on beat and has had major influence. Then there’s the fact T-Pain has never been accused of assault… :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block