What do you think of discounted albums and singles on release date?

With Bad Bunny’s new release Un Verano Sin Ti being sold at a measly $6.99 for 23 songs, do you think it’s a desperate attempt at debuting at number one, or do you think it’s an attempt to make his music affordable? When I see a price tag like that it makes me automatically assume the music is just not good because I have always preferred quality over quantity. 

I know he sells the most through streaming figures and the majority consumes his music for free through streaming, but do you think artists should be allowed to discount their music this much to chart? 

spacer.png

I feel like this will be the future for sales (digital+CD) nobody is buying these with streaming, and with more popular physical options like vinyl, or now even cassette, Nobody is going purchase these for the typical 13 or 14 bucks ESPECIALLY digital, with YouTube, and streaming around, it’s just not necessary and hasn’t been for 10+ years. 

2 hours ago, Qweef said:

I feel like this will be the future for sales (digital+CD) nobody is buying these with streaming, and with more popular physical options like vinyl, or now even cassette, Nobody is going purchase these for the typical 13 or 14 bucks ESPECIALLY digital, with YouTube, and streaming around, it’s just not necessary and hasn’t been for 10+ years. 

Except Morgan Wallen has had success with physical sales even though his album has been $14.99 since release date. He has 30 songs vs the 26 Bad Bunny released 

It's just a sad and pathetic attempt at skewing numbers.

Didn't this trend start with Gaga and Trailer Swift?

Pretty sure they did the whole 99cent album thing until Billboard put a stop to that saying it had to be a certain dollar amount.

I personally don't think that any album's discounted more than 25% should be admissible, because it's as fraudulent as Beyonce's album sales and streaming numbers.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
On 5/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Un Verano Sin Ti being sold at a measly $6.99 for 23 songs, do you think it’s a desperate attempt at debuting at number one

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF If You Say So Shrug GIF

But it's an actual sale, like people WILL be buying an album, so I'm kinda ok with it.

I prefer that an album actually SOLD copies and got #1 than an album going #1 because ONE song did most of the streams so it translates to more "units".:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Like 1

Well it is their album , their art , their property I say the can sell it for a penny if they wish . Not everyone is about Money . 

I also in the back of my mind think it's a cheap move to get #1 . But if they dont care about the money maybe they dont care about going #1 maybe they just would like more people to afford their record?.........................But yes it is a cheap #1 :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

It's how things have been working in the industry from quite sometime probably from late 2000s, discounting is never to make things affordable biggest marketing lie fans have been told. Bad Bunny is a huge act, I would say bigger then any western act and by miles his album broke streaming records and he isn't even consumed WW like western music. 

Billboard is just pathetic in their rules, who to blame the act when they know they can do it it's companies fault I don't get the hypocrisy BTS fans mass buy because they can when Taylor - Ariana etc etc do it nobody says anything. Mariah has been in the discounting reign for a longest period I know but at least she admits she loves charts when will others? The fact that fans act like their fave just doing it for the good makes no sense. 

On 5/8/2022 at 10:49 PM, Britney'sBish said:

It's just a sad and pathetic attempt at skewing numbers.

Didn't this trend start with Gaga and Trailer Swift?

Pretty sure they did the whole 99cent album thing until Billboard put a stop to that saying it had to be a certain dollar amount.

I personally don't think that any album's discounted more than 25% should be admissible, because it's as fraudulent as Beyonce's album sales and streaming numbers.

Not you ending the whole industry with only one comment :roxxy:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block