Little Mix reveal their solo music won't clash & they're already discussing their 'comeback'

THEY have spent 11 years as a group, had five No1 singles, won three Brit Awards and released seven hit albums.

But as Little Mix prepare to bow out - for now, at least - they have insisted they are doing it as the best of friends and are doing everything they can to ensure they aren’t pitted against each other as they prepare to launch their post-band solo careers.

In an exclusive final print interview with The Sun, just a week before they go their separate ways, Perrie Edwards, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall have revealed their timetables will be carefully managed so there is no way they will put new music out at the same time.

Perrie, 28, said: “We’ve all said we will let each other know when we’re going to release so we don’t end up clashing in the charts. We’re rooting for each other, not competing against each other.”

Jade, 29, who has signed a solo deal with RCA, added: “It’s just not going to happen. There will be a conscious effort from all of us to make sure of that.”

Leigh-Anne, 30, said their friendship was too precious to risk a head-to-head and the fact they remain so tight-knit will mean they’re able to be open with each other about their solo plans.

She has recently signed with Warner and said: “We are so close and that’s the thing. We’re all going to be in communication about this the whole time.”

In the 11 years since Little Mix were first brought together on The X Factor, they have become Britain’s most successful ever girl band, selling more than 50 million records worldwide and collecting over 22 million monthly Spotify listeners.

Next Saturday will see the final performance of their sold-out Confetti tour — which is their first as a trio since fourth member Jesy Nelson quit in 2020.

It will end with an emotional show which will be livestreamed around the world from London’s O2 Arena – the last chance to catch the girls before they bow out for their hiatus.

Perrie, who has also already started working on solo music, said: “Even though it’s a massive, epic show, I think knowing everyone is watching it is going to make it feel super intimate.”

However, they are already plotting their comeback as a band and promise they won’t follow the lead of One Direction, who went on their “hiatus” in 2015 and show no signs of reuniting.

Perrie said: “Honestly, we haven’t even parted ways yet and we’re already talking about when we’re coming back! We’re like: ‘is two years away enough? Two and a bit years?’.”

Jade points out they are parting as the closest of friends and so there’s every reason to get back together sooner rather than later.

She said: “You can’t deny our relationship – whenever anyone comes to watch the show or sees us in interviews or on social media it’s pretty obvious that we can’t actually live without each other.

“We know how phenomenal we are together, so why would we never want to do that again? Change has to happen in life, you have to move on at some point and try new things, but it’s such a comfort to know we have each other to come back to.

“We don’t know how long this will be for but I’m already ready for that reunion!”

Source: The Sun

FRc5jnkXoAIbrb2?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, pieceofphil said:

BTW where's jesys album? A buzz single two months or more ahead wasn't that clever

She’s been in LA for over a month recording music and she’s also been recording music in London.

I agree, there’s been a massive gap but I think it’s been a tactic to let the controversy die down.

She replied to a fan a few days ago:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Perrie, 28, said: “We’ve all said we will let each other know when we’re going to release so we don’t end up clashing in the charts. We’re rooting for each other, not competing against each other.”

Jade, 29, who has signed a solo deal with RCA, added: “It’s just not going to happen. There will be a conscious effort from all of us to make sure of that.”

Leigh-Anne, 30, said their friendship was too precious to risk a head-to-head and the fact they remain so tight-knit will mean they’re able to be open with each other about their solo plans.

I hope they can make this happen! It sounds far-fetched, but if they can make it work it would be actually incredible and super nice of them...

• Love 1

More of the interview released:

Perrie shared: "I feel like me and Leigh-Anne should have had a note from the doctor saying: ‘Perrie and Leigh have baby brain, go easy on them today’

“Baby brain is real! Jade would pick up the routine in two seconds and we’d be there for an hour doing the simplest of things and then totally forget what it was.

“I’ve never struggled so hard for a tour. I thought I was going to die!

"Our bodies weren’t ready, our minds weren’t ready."

Perrie continued: "If it wasn’t for Jade, keeping the morale up and the positivity going then I don’t know if we’d have made it.”

However, Jade said she was in awe of how well the new mums managed everything.

“Perrie and Leigh-Anne have had to adapt after having kids and being able to go into full-on rehearsal mode while breastfeeding and having the babies there was so amazing.

“And then to get on stage and these fabulous costumes! They’ve been incredible.

“I struggled with rehearsals, never mind having to look after children as well. So I know I’ve had an easier ride.”

As for what’s next, they are all playing their cards close to their chests but say they are excited and nervous in equal measure about what the future holds.

Jade said: “I’m just stepping into the unknown, I don’t really have a plan!

“We all sort of have an idea what we want to do and how we want to do it. But personally, I’m going to enjoy not putting pressure on myself to have to do something by a certain time.”

Perrie added: “As long as I can sing somewhere and at least someone is listening, I’m happy.”

30 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

aw come on! we all know in 5 years time or whatever, they'll announce a massive  reunion tour, Jesy will make a grand return to the group, they'll do a warts and  all documentary about the 'real truth' of what went on. every group does it

A DREAM :yesplease_yas_agree_preach::yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

A DREAM :yesplease_yas_agree_preach::yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Its hardly a dream. they all do at least a big reunion tour. and Steps and spice girls both did a documentary about 'what really happened' and Little Mix will probably do the same in like 2026 / 2027 . No doubt about it, probably film their meetup to grill Jesy on why she left and hash out their issues like Steps did in 2011 

• Love 1

I really hope they are true to their words and actually do come back in a few years and not be like almost every group that “takes a hiatus” and we never see them again (the exception, the groups that do come back but it’s when they’re all D-list and financially broke. So it’s a quick money grab. Little Mix would nevah, but Fifth Harmony :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: jk I liked some 5H songs :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:)

Them clarifying their intentions makes the hiatus not as sad for me. I’m excited to see their solo careers blossom and know Little Mix isn’t done. 

• Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, 3IsACharm33 said:

I’m ready For Thee Lady Jade Thirwall’s reign over pop!

i believe she has the biggest chance of making it in America 

I would love Jade to crack America!!! I know as a fierce ally, she had the gays on her side! 

• Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 2:46 PM, jonloch1 said:

aw come on! we all know in 5 years time or whatever, they'll announce a massive  reunion tour, Jesy will make a grand return to the group, they'll do a warts and  all documentary about the 'real truth' of what went on. every group does it

I’m delusional about this but I would love for the girls reunite together . I doubt it but I hope 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block