Simon Ellis Talks Britney’s Alanis Cover “You Oughta Know” From TCSBS! 🎤

• Content Curators

Music director Simon Ellis talks about how the Atlanis Morissette rock song “You Oughta Know”  was performed live by Britney in 2009 for the circus tour 🎤 Simon calls it a great version, says it was last minute decision, it was 💯 percent live. Go to 6:15 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

It was nice to have it confirmed as 100% live finally, but I can't believe the interview lasted 3 mins when it was a 21 min episode :orangu_orangutan_ape:

The funny part is this entire thing was recorded the same day and this scam podcast makes 23 episodes from one interview and edits them for more listens he could literally make one episode an hour long with any relevant information and his usual self promo  

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

Can you imagine the amount of hoops Britney had to jump through to get this one song approved.

"I want to perform someone else's song.  For 4 full minutes of the show I'll simply be standing at a microphone, no dancing...oh and I want to sing it completely live"

The amount of phone calls that must have 'had to' happen to managers, record companies, tour organizers, musicians, and of course daddy and his lawyers. All so that this woman could do what she loves for just a moment.  :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Dare to ask for a studio version, see what simon says 

They asked years ago. This also isn’t new info, per se. Fans asked Simon to leak it years ago on twitter and he came back and said he found the instrumental but there were no pre recorded vocals as it was live every night. But he would have soundboard audio, so he most definitely has her vocals. But he never leaks anything.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, kneetap said:

i swear the vocal track sounds the same each night it was performed though, with the occasional one line live?

Yes there was 100% a lead vocal track. She certainly sang along a few shows after it being performed as the line “when you **** her” wasn’t recorded or was muted. Britney then sings this line live. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block