• Super Mods

The first Earth Day was recognized on April 22, 1970 as a series of protests swept across the United States demanding action be taken to stop environmental degradation, limit pollution, and protect resources we rely on to survive as a species.

Since then, it’s become more clear that human behaviors, corporate and governmental policies, and other actions have contributed to a rapidly changing climate, and drastic shifts need to happen to stave off the worst impacts of climate change.

So, what ways do you care for the Earth on this day and everyday? Do you join local protests, participate in local events, or something else? How have you seen the climate change around you? Do you have any favorite music or art that honors the Earth?

Discuss. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Yesterday I binged David Attenborough documentaries. Does that count?

In all seriousness, I do as much as I can. Even little things like volunteering to pick up litter around my community and local beaches. I think we all have a part to play - although so much damage has already been caused. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: 

• 1 month later...
On 4/22/2022 at 10:51 PM, SlayOut said:

The first Earth Day was recognized on April 22, 1970 as a series of protests swept across the United States demanding action be taken to stop environmental degradation, limit pollution, and protect resources we rely on to survive as a species.

Since then, it’s become more clear that human behaviors, corporate and governmental policies, and other actions have contributed to a rapidly changing climate, and drastic shifts need to happen to stave off the worst impacts of climate change.

Earth Day reminds all of us that it's important to take care of our planet. But, unfortunately, more people think that doing something one day it's enough. But it's not true. We should do something every day; even the smallest things will have our planet. Some time ago, I finished one paper on the environment and found so much info, which proved once again that caring about the planet is important. Here is also one source https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/environment/ where I read a few paper examples on that theme, which was very helpful for me. And if you're interested, you can also check them. I hope it will be useful for you. And I hope that more people will care about the planet and do everything they can.

So, what ways do you care for the Earth on this day and everyday? Do you join local protests, participate in local events, or something else? How have you seen the climate change around you? Do you have any favorite music or art that honors the Earth?

Discuss. :yeahhh_britney_oops_red_fist_cheer_yeah_smile_happy:

To be honest, I've always been aware of the importance of taking care of the planet, but I started doing something real when I became a student. First of all, I moved out of my parent's place and got a chance to buy more eco-friendly products, reduce the waste amount, and use less electricity and water. Also, I became a member of the university "green" group, and now I'm responsible for spreading awareness in the uni and outside.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block