Simon Ellis Talks Britney’s Duffy Cover “I’m Scared” From TCSBS!

IIRC Simon said on another podcast Britney wanted to only perform deep cuts, so Larry asked him to remix all her hits to make them appealing to her. I know it’s pretty much what he says again here, but it’s interesting how the story is slightly different (at least from how I remembered it).

Do we reckon the cover was live? The fact it was so last minute with multiple sound checks kind of confirms it I think? I know for years it was unclear whether it was just a pre-recorded interlude, or if she was actually stood out of view singing it under the stage 

• Love 6
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, s&m said:

So what did he say about the Duffy song?

Simon didn't know the song at all. They called him the same afternoon of the opening night to tell him Britney wanted to perform that song. They played it twice during the soundcheck from the CD, and the band was like, ok, we know what to do, and that was it, they played it that night and that's the story lol

• Love 9
  • Content Curators
22 minutes ago, s&m said:

So what did he say about the Duffy song?

That britney called and requested it one morning during rehearsals and she rehearsed it twice but Simon didn’t know the song but they were happy with it 

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Duffy's story is also very sad, all she went through :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

I know and she posted a few times on her stories after Britney was freed, they definitely feel connected to one another 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Great he’s talked a little bit let’s all just remember that he amps the Britney fans at least once a year in promising he’ll release something. He even promised us the full set of circus tour remixes once (post him leaking slave in 2011). Take him with a grain of salt, he rly likes the clout and RARELY follows through. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, kneetap said:

Great he’s talked a little bit let’s all just remember that he amps the Britney fans at least once a year in promising he’ll release something. He even promised us the full set of circus tour remixes once (post him leaking slave in 2011). Take him with a grain of salt, he rly likes the clout and RARELY follows through. 

This at one point he had his site listed as coming soon and hyped it then when it launched it had passwords so no one could access it :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

3 hours ago, SumoCyco2017 said:

Wheres the studio version of her doing this.  I need all her covers shes done on tours in studio quality plz

I remember long time ago Simon said there wasn't an studio version of the You Oughta Know cover, because all the times she performed it, it were live.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block