So Amy Lee (Evanescence) dissed Britney Spears on this 2003 song...

Okay so probably a lot of you know that Evanescence song "Everybody's Fool" is about Britney (Xtina as well) :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

It's about pop stars' perfect image that is obviously fake. We know Britney from that time and that the lyrics make sense now :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I also think Amy was jealous of Britney :emma:

The song is so good btw :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

Lyrics:

Perfect by nature
Icons of self indulgence
Just what we all need
More lies about a world that
Never was and never will be
Have you no shame don't you see me
You know you've got everybody fooled
Look here she comes now
Bow down and stare in wonder
Oh how we love you
No flaws when you're pretending
But now I know she
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you've got everybody fooled
Without the mask where will you hide
Can't find yourself lost in your lie
I know the truth now
I know who you are
And I don't love you anymore
You don't know how you've betrayed me
And somehow you have everybody fooled
It never was and never will be
You're not real and you can't save me
Somehow now you're everybody's fool

Interesting how things are now and that Britney has literally no filter :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Btw from what I remember in 2007 Amy supported Britney :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: Some fans even go that far:

Spoiler

tumblr_m79g7f255I1r1cwseo1_1280.png

• Love 2

ugh i remember there was a trend at the time between anti-pop girlies that was shaming their pop peers for being 'perfect'. just like pink, who from 2001 to 2007 based her entire personality on being "different" from the pop girls, or avril lavigne, or, in this case, amy lee. it was boring tbh.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ElenaB said:

ugh i remember there was a trend at the time between anti-pop girlies that was shaming their pop peers for being 'perfect'. just like pink, who from 2001 to 2007 based her entire personality on being "different" from the pop girls, or avril lavigne, or, in this case, amy lee. it was boring tbh.

how did P!nk and Avril even get away with it?

10 minutes ago, Inherzone said:

how did P!nk and Avril even get away with it?

pink was marketed as the alternative to the polished, ***ualized pop girls from the early 00s. her M!ssundaztood era encapsulates this perfectly. she was the underdog, the bad girl.

avril lavigne was marketed as literally the anti-britney. she became an icon in punk-pop bc she was a role model for teen girls who didn't like everything girly or ****. she changed her image a bit with her third album tho. 

• Like 1

I love Amy Lee and yeah she mocked the whole pop star world with this song, not just Britney. She even had beef with Xtina, which is a shame because one time she mentioned in a interview that she liked Stripped and used it to warm up her voice before concerts, which I always thought was amazing. Aside from that she never mentioned them again as far as I know.

5 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

Okay so probably a lot of you know that Evanescence song "Everybody's Fool" is about Britney (Xtina as well) :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

It's about pop stars' perfect image that is obviously fake. We know Britney from that time and that the lyrics make sense now :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I also think Amy was jealous of Britney :emma:

The song is so good btw :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

Lyrics:

Interesting how things are now and that Britney has literally no filter :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Btw from what I remember in 2007 Amy supported Britney :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: Some fans even go that far:

Hide contents

tumblr_m79g7f255I1r1cwseo1_1280.png

Queen of Rock? 

Brady Bunch K GIF

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block