2012 Music appreciation thread

So for the longest time I've always been like 2011 was this awesome year in pop music, and starting in 2012 everything went downhill, but I don't know if it's nostalgia or what, but I've stumbled upon several songs that I used to like from that year, and now I'm like, wait, it wasn't THAT bad.

So since we're celebrating the 10th anniversary of that year in 2022, I thought maybe we could do a thread to post music from that year that you think was worth it.

Obviously, I have to start with Scream & Shout, though that came almost towards the end of the year, but I'll post a few more and feel free to add yours.

If there's another thread like this, please tell me to merge it lol

• Love 4

In the Latin Pop world, we still weren't totally invaded by the reggaeton / urban artists, and we had these legends from the 90's still giving us some new hits

OV7's controversial covers album

Fey's comeback with the acoustic concert

María José finally singing something that wasn't covers from the 80's

and even though this was from 2010, Shakira surprised us extending the promotion of Sale el Sol for almost two years by releasing Addicted to You in 2012

my top five albums of the year / that defined that year for me were:

good kid, m.a.a.d city - kendrick Lamar

channel orange - frank ocean 

believe - Justin Bieber (I had just gotten my first car and I had this album on repeat in the car all summer. so much Bieber fever)

18 months - Calvin harris 

Red - Taylor Swift (I actually was 22 when 22 came out and I was in a tumultuous relationship. what a great soundtrack lol)

some great songs too were BEEZ IN THE TRAP by Nicki Minaj, BIRTHDAY SONG by 2 chainz, THE VELDT and FN pig by deadmau5, BIG HOOPS by Nelly furtado, WONDERLAND, LAST GOODBYE and GOLD TRANS AM by kesha...

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

My favorite song of all time and my favorite music video of all time got released in 2012 by the name of National Anthem. I’m so ready for a tattoo with some lyrics from this song, but I can’t decide. @Urbanneywill help me get it right! :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I said “can we party later on?”, he said “yes, yes!” 💖

He also said “be cool!”, but I’m already coolest!!!!! :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Favorite song of all time? :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked: I love your dedication :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

My favorite song of all time and my favorite music video of all time got released in 2012 by the name of National Anthem. I’m so ready for a tattoo with some lyrics from this song, but I can’t decide. @Urbanneywill help me get it right! :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

He also said “be cool!”, but I’m already coolest!!!!! :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Taste :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Style Holiday said:

I hadn't added it to my playlist :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block