Federal Judge overrules illegal CDC Mask rule

1 hour ago, Heybritneygirl said:

Are you a virologist? Lol I guess we should tell surgeons that they don’t work. Lol You’re so dumb. 

What a needlessly caddy/rude response. What I am stating is now mainstream fact. Can you please provide me factual, up to date and relevant data to support your claim?

I can, here it is, straight from the CDC website..

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

I have literally dozens of more studies and website to show that masks do not work, the virus itself is vaccinating more individuals than the vaccine and we’ve sort of been lied to in terms of the seriousness of everything. 

Masks are now known to be seriously harming young children in the prime learning years. The years where they learn social cues, facial expressions and how to speak and modulate their voice properly. And yes I am Clinical Psychologist with a focus in biology so I know exactly what I am talking about in this regard. 

For further sources and relevant information. Please refer to my previous posts throughout the last 2 years providing 100% factual, evidence, (mostly)peer reviewed sources and studies on masks, mandates and vaccine effectiveness. 

Please know some facts or science to backup your claims, otherwise your just coming off like a jerk…

• Love 3
17 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Yes I believe in your personal choice to protect yourself and those around you! I commend you. Bravo! You’re not making this choice out of a matter of political preference but rather personal safety and your own logic. 

Masks are now known not to work. So while this topic is on masks and mandates and personal preference and I agree that if you feel that it is needed for your health, body and situation, please do it! (Same with being vaccinated, I am not against it). The argument of “keeping those around you safe” makes zero logical sense and cannot be used as an argument anymore. At the end of the day this is about you! 

Don’t worry about everyone else, live your life, be happy and stay healthy. Like I said in my previous post, when you feel safe coming to the bar, DRINKS ON ME! :liberatedaf_beyonce_yellow_lemonade_happy_free_carefree_smile_wind_hold_up: Life is back. Let’s be grateful we got out of this. 

Well, masks actually DO work (there's research published on this topic), but I think public health experts seriously fumbled the bag by making the guidance so confusing and going back and forth constantly. You're right that mask mandates haven't been effective. Not sure why we recommended cloth masks because those are pretty useless, but even a surgical mask is good (but N95s are the best).

While I see your point about personal choice, the tricky thing is these public health measures (such as mask wearing) are so much more effective when we are ALL doing it. Masks do protect the wearer, but there's a much larger benefit when we limit the spread of aerosols at the source. Plus, let's be honest - most people don't wear their masks properly, which is why mask mandates haven't been as effective.

Respectfully, we are far from out of this pandemic. I promise I'm not here to fear monger or be a doomer, but it's the reality, unfortunately. It doesn't sit right with me that we're acting like this virus is controlled when the spread is still rampant and, again, there are still people at great risk whose lives are being frankly disregarded by policymakers. Of course, we'll never have 0 risk as a society, but we have a long ways to go.

All that said, I 1000% understand why and how the general public is over all of these restrictions, and I hope you (and all of us) stay healthy as well!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, A.a.A said:

What a needlessly caddy/rude response. What I am stating is now mainstream fact. Can you please provide me factual, up to date and relevant data to support your claim?

I can, here it is, straight from the CDC website..

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/10/20-0948_article

I have literally dozens of more studies and website to show that masks do not work, the virus itself is vaccinating more individuals than the vaccine and we’ve sort of been lied to in terms of the seriousness of everything. 

Masks are now known to be seriously harming young children in the prime learning years. The years where they learn social cues, facial expressions and how to speak and modulate their voice properly. And yes I am Clinical Psychologist with a focus in biology so I know exactly what I am talking about in this regard. 

For further sources and relevant information. Please refer to my previous posts throughout the last 2 years providing 100% factual, evidence, (mostly)peer reviewed sources and studies on masks, mandates and vaccine effectiveness. 

Please know some facts or science to backup your claims, otherwise your just coming off like a jerk…

Of course masks work don’t be ridiculous, even the article you’ve referenced confirms this. That particular article literally says that cloth masks are not as effective as ventilators (shock), and that their use shouldn’t be mandated for healthcare workers whilst working. The article does, however, recommend that cloth masks SHOULD be worn in the community to protect the public against further spreading of Covid’s-19.

As for them “seriously harming young children”, yes it has been shown that children’s development was negatively affected during the pandemic, but to solely place this blame on masks is baseless. There are a multitude of other factors that could have influenced this including the closing of schools, lockdowns, isolating etc. these measures were all necessary in combating the spread of covid-19. Additionally, I’m sure, from a psychological perspective, that a child would suffer less from delayed development than they would do than by the death of a friend or family member due to covid-19.

I’m all for masks. Wearing them just make sense in protecting the vulnerable members of society. I’m not saying that they’re not inconvenient and don’t have their drawbacks, but their main function certainly outweighs any negative aspects. It really is a shame we live in such a selfish world.

• Love 1

I can’t believe after the last 2 years people are still debating whether it’s all a hoax or blown out of proportion, when someone literally just posted that they lost a family member in their 30s to Covid. So tired of the Covid deniers, go fk off and live on an island somewhere, you add nothing to a functioning society. Nothing.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, tumblinmoneys said:

Of course masks work don’t be ridiculous, even the article you’ve referenced confirms this. That particular article literally says that cloth masks are not as effective as ventilators (shock), and that their use shouldn’t be mandated for healthcare workers whilst working. The article does, however, recommend that cloth masks SHOULD be worn in the community to protect the public against further spreading of Covid’s-19.

As for them “seriously harming young children”, yes it has been shown that children’s development was negatively affected during the pandemic, but to solely place this blame on masks is baseless. There are a multitude of other factors that could have influenced this including the closing of schools, lockdowns, isolating etc. these measures were all necessary in combating the spread of covid-19. Additionally, I’m sure, from a psychological perspective, that a child would suffer less from delayed development than they would do than by the death of a friend or family member due to covid-19.

I’m all for masks. Wearing them just make sense in protecting the vulnerable members of society. I’m not saying that they’re not inconvenient and don’t have their drawbacks, but their main function certainly outweighs any negative aspects. It really is a shame we live in such a selfish world.

Except what you are saying is not proven to be true. Please read the references in my links below. 

What you are saying is proving exactly my point. If masks worked and mandates were correct there wouldn’t be issues. There have now been over 12,000 adverse side effects to vaccine’s and mask mandates. 

In terms of vulnerable members of society. I regret to inform anyone and I don’t want to be insensitive, but those who have passed due to Covid were 95% likely to pass due to a bad flu season. In fact more people died of the flu in 2019-202 in Canada than all of Covid cases.. please once again , become informed before you just look like a jerk.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kdub87 said:

I can’t believe after the last 2 years people are still debating whether it’s all a hoax or blown out of proportion, when someone literally just posted that they lost a family member in their 30s to Covid. So tired of the Covid deniers, go fk off and live on an island somewhere, you add nothing to a functioning society. Nothing.

What are you talking about? Not one person here or anywhere recently for that matter have questioned the validly of Covid or it’s threat. Where are you receiving this information ? Just because people question governmental rulings and mandates (who are human people btw) doesn’t mean they are denying Covid. What a strange and fairly biased and offensive opinion.. I would advise you to read and educate yourself on what is being said before spreading misinformation. 

Once again let’s all be happy and healthy. Covid is over, let’s move on. DRINKS ON ME 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, A.a.A said:

What are you talking about? Not one person here or anywhere recently for that matter have questioned the validly of Covid or it’s threat. Where are you receiving this information ?

You....

On 4/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, A.a.A said:

This is now a common cold. Let’s move on.

The mask mandates and people wearing them are now just for virtue signalling.

We've been fooled as a society

23 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Masks are now known not to work.

The argument of “keeping those around you safe” makes zero logical sense

At the end of the day this is about you! 

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Heybritneygirl said:

Are you a virologist? Lol I guess we should tell surgeons that they don’t work. Lol You’re so dumb. 

A sick coughing or sneezing doctor will not be allowed to work. They wear masks prophylactically, for example, by surgeons, so as not to soil the operated area.
3 hours ago, A.a.A said:

What are you talking about? Not one person here or anywhere recently for that matter have questioned the validly of Covid or it’s threat. Where are you receiving this information ? Just because people question governmental rulings and mandates (who are human people btw) doesn’t mean they are denying Covid. What a strange and fairly biased and offensive opinion.. I would advise you to read and educate yourself on what is being said before spreading misinformation. 

Once again let’s all be happy and healthy. Covid is over, let’s move on. DRINKS ON ME 

Wow very ignorant. Covid is not over. I work in the ICU in a big hospital and the number of covid patients is going up again. Those articles you referenced clearly state masks (medical/N95 respirators) DO WORK, not cloth masks which is common sense as it is porous and doesn't filter anything but large droplets that can come out of your mouth.  You should actually read the article you referenced on this site because you look foolish. Mask mandates  helped reduce the number of covid transmissions and kept cases lower than if they were not in place, not eliminated it completely as that would be impossible. Why you ask well a lot of people wearing masks were not wearing them properly, they had them below their nose, below their chin, kept wearing the same dirty mask for days/weeks, took their masks off whenever with friends or family, touched their dirty masks with their hands and then touched their faces, etc, or didnt even wear masks indoors and lied that they had medical exemptions. I also have tons of peer reviewed articles that state medical masks DO WORK. 

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Samsammys said:

Wow very ignorant. Covid is not over. I work in the ICU in a big hospital and the number of covid patients is going up again. Those articles you referenced clearly state masks (medical/N95 respirators) DO WORK, not cloth masks which is common sense as it is porous and doesn't filter anything but large droplets that can come out of your mouth.  You should actually read the article you referenced on this site because you look foolish. Mask mandates  helped reduce the number of covid transmissions and kept cases lower than if they were not in place, not eliminated it completely as that would be impossible. Why you ask well a lot of people wearing masks were not wearing them properly, they had them below their nose, below their chin, kept wearing the same dirty mask for days/weeks, took their masks off whenever with friends or family, touched their dirty masks with their hands and then touched their faces, etc, or didnt even wear masks indoors and lied that they had medical exemptions. I also have tons of peer reviewed articles that state medical masks DO WORK. 

Are you trying to discredit this persons doctorate they earned while on the toilet from Facebook University for their tireless research in infectious diseases and immunology with your actual lived experience working in healthcare? Tut tut :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

• Haha 8
17 hours ago, Samsammys said:

Yes, I stated medical masks do work… I’m confused with your rhetoric. The EU, Canadian government and American government have all come out with factual studies confirming that the (regular) mask mandates stopped less than 2% of Covid cases. Virtually it did nothing in the grand scheme of things  

ICU’s are literally designed and funded to be at capacity at all times. Hospitals are a business and they would loose thousands if not millions of dollars if the ICU’s are not full.. that’s how it has always worked , since the inception of hospitals  

And right there you have proved my point. You can’t control the people and what they do. To tell everyone to wear something a certain way is ludicrous. It will never happen. So the reality is, masks (regular ones) do not work. The masks mandates have been gone for a couple months now and cases are literally the same and steady…also it’s a cold, you are going to get this cold every year for the rest of your life. 

Also, it seems as if you literally haven’t read any of the articles and scientific studies I showed you..

https://wearechange.org/u-s-covid-19-deaths-in-2021-have-surpassed-2020s-total-despite-vaccines-treatments/

https://www.infowars.com/posts/alarming-double-vaxxed-contracted-covid-at-higher-rates-than-unvaccinated-uk-data-shows/

Please read the current data and science. Masks (outside of a hospital setting), mandates, lockdowns and vaccines did not work. This is not an opinion or claim. We now know this. This is fact. We must live with Covid and get over it. The only reason people are calling for more mandates and lockdowns is because we’ve been fooled into fear. There is a reason why those who are questioning all this are PhDs and people of colour. History of an untrustworthy government and fear mongering. People have realized this now.

This is not an anti vax post. This is for information, educational purposes only, using scientific data and studies open to the public and all people to peruse. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Are you trying to discredit this persons doctorate they earned while on the toilet from Facebook University for their tireless research in infectious diseases and immunology with your actual lived experience working in healthcare? Tut tut :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

I have stated my credentials many times in this forum. Clearly reading comprehension isn’t a valued skill among all. 

I have a Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology with an emphasis on biology and virology from a world renowned university in Canada. No offence to anyone else offering their opinions/justifications, I am much more educated on what we are speaking about than most (if not all) people here. 

What are your credentials again? I find it very caddy and rude to assume things and post attacks on peoples character in a public forum… not very good etiquette if you ask me.

I am being civil, stating my facts clearly and concisely, not putting anyone down or attacking in any way or judging their actions or thoughts. We are having a civil discussion, which is literally what science is. Stating a fact and then proving it’s validly or not. It’s not just believing what your told, that’s not science. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, kdub87 said:

You....

I have never once stated Covid is not real. Please find me a reference that i have made to that sentiment. I have clearly stated that covid is over, and not the emergency that we once thought it was.. which I am correct. The world has literally moved on.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 9:41 AM, Heybritneygirl said:

Yes, actually I have a M.S in clinical psychology with an emphasis on biology and virology.. so now with this information, do you look dumb? 
I am just trying to have a civil conversation and discussion about topics going on in the world. You are being very rude and caddy putting others down.. not very nice if you ask me.

• Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, tumblinmoneys said:

It is now known that the mandates in schools have inevitably harmed schools for the rest of our lives. We now know that kids influenced by mandates and masks are much worse off than those that “lost someone due to covid“. People die all the time. It’s normal. What’s not normal is to wear a mask for something that will 99% not kill you. You think kids don’t see this?

Omg let people do what they want. You’re not comfortable? Wear a mask a go on about your day! It’s 2022 and we aren’t going to be wearing masks until 2050 so we might as well start learning to live without them now… That’s the beauty of choice, we can choose what we want to do with our bodies :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: Stop whining about it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 4/20/2022 at 7:33 AM, Mrsteven said:

I wish they would have waited with the airlines. I'm a flight attendant and I know for a fact we do not have the proper air ventilation. Especially on the regionally planes, thankfully I only fly on the big planes. Before covid, if one employee got sick, we all got sick. I haven't worked this week but I have seen videos from my peers of people just coughing away. I wear n95 masks along with my employee mask.    

Im a flight attendant too. What aircraft do you fly? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block