Have you ever gotten staples in your scalp (after an injury)

rik

To summarize quickly, I recently fell really hard on my face in my kitchen  and can’t remember it. I had to get in an ambulance and waited 5 hours crying about not being taken seriously by the nurses and how I needed to see a doctor. I was not taken seriously for a long time despite being bandaged up all over my face and brought on a stretcher.

My head was cut open 2 inches and I got 7 staples as a result. My nose is bruised, under my eyes are swollen and my lip is inflamed and torn with 4 stitches. There is also a major strain to my voice all of a sudden. 

Im not looking for sympathy but rather just wanted to express how I feel weird about the whole thing. I wondering if anyone else here has had this and if they have any recollection of how it felt irritation wise? I’m finding I’m exhausted and often lightheaded. There is a bit of pain when I am not on Tylenol but the overall tiredness persists. I’m wondering if anyone knows how long these last for? My staples will be removed in less than a week

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Aw Rik, glad you’re on the mend but sad you’re still in pain. I’ve never had staples in my head or elsewhere, so I’m not sure what is expected to be felt, or a course of action to take….

But just take it easy and give yourself grace if you can! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Aw im sorry that that happened to you.

I hope you feel better.

I actually have gotten staples in my head from when I was a kid.

I went to Carls Jr with my parents and went to the playground and there was a big giant ball hanging on the top,

for some reason I wanted to get on it, so I jumped and got on it but fell down hard against the wall and banged my head open.

I was like 7-8.

I still remember it to this day cause of how painful it was and how it was the first major injury I had in my life.

I hope to God I never have another head injury like that again.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Aw Rik, glad you’re on the mend but sad you’re still in pain. I’ve never had staples in my head or elsewhere, so I’m not sure what is expected to be felt, or a course of action to take….

But just take it easy and give yourself grace if you can! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Ily and I really appreciate all your well wishes. Truly my bestie omg. thank you slayout 💚 I’m just going to relax in the time being

9 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Aw im sorry that that happened to you.

I hope you feel better.

I actually have gotten staples in my head from when I was a kid.

I went to Carls Jr with my parents and went to the playground and there was a big giant ball hanging on the top,

for some reason I wanted to get on it, so I jumped and got on it but fell down hard against the wall and banged my head open.

I was like 7-8.

I still remember it to this day cause of how painful it was and how it was the first major injury I had in my life.

I hope to God I never have another head injury like that again.

oh my god Neomi…. That actually makes me so sad. I’m assuming you’re okay now since you’re in your 20s now but that’s still so scary?? Thank you for sharing this, it definitely gives me hope that I will heal. I am certain your family was so scared that their baby was hurt on the playground. It’s really scary so I can’t imagine a child going through that. It really is traumatizing and I too hope we both never get injuries like that again. Sending you love!

6 hours ago, Henry M. Torres said:

I'm so sorry Rik :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Everything is gonna be okay, sending you positive energy :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

You know you can talk to me about anything you want, even the darkest sh/t ever, anytime you want :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

Love ya sis :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

ily Henry I really appreciate all of your kindness and know I can go to you with anything. I am grateful and hope you are doing good too rn 💚

• Love 2

I’m so sorry to hear about this ordeal! How scary. We’re you sober when the fall occurred? This happened to my cousin except he was wasted. 

When people ask you what happened, you should tell them you were attacked by two homophobic MAGA hat wearing thugs! 

but in all realness, I hope you have a speedy recovery! :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Aw this sucks! I had staples in my head a couple years ago and it does really blow. I was lucky enough to be with a friend who drove me straight to an ER and they stapled me up right away. So sorry that your injury was made worse by inattentive medical professionals. Just take it easy and hope u feel better soon. 

Recommend you dab some Aloe Vera on your wound once your able!!

• Super Mods
7 hours ago, Rik said:

Ily and I really appreciate all your well wishes. Truly my bestie omg. thank you slayout 💚 I’m just going to relax in the time being

oh my god Neomi…. That actually makes me so sad. I’m assuming you’re okay now since you’re in your 20s now but that’s still so scary?? Thank you for sharing this, it definitely gives me hope that I will heal. I am certain your family was so scared that their baby was hurt on the playground. It’s really scary so I can’t imagine a child going through that. It really is traumatizing and I too hope we both never get injuries like that again. Sending you love!

ily Henry I really appreciate all of your kindness and know I can go to you with anything. I am grateful and hope you are doing good too rn 💚

Yeah it was scary.

I still remember my family freaking out and also getting into an ambulance and gurney and being so scared.

Luckily I have healed and it hasnt affected me mentally.

Hope you heal too

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block