Where in the world is your favourite holiday destination?

rennen2.0

Hi Exhale, 

Let's reminisce and think back to our favourite holiday destinations.

It's been a difficult couple of years for everyone, and I'm sure it'll be fun to reminisce. 

In my short, but fabulous time here (fear not, I ain't running for mod and this isn't a campaign thread :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:), I don't recall there being such a thread so let's discuss. 

On top of my list has to be India. I can't name just one city because they were all exceptional in different ways.

I'll be honest, it was a complete shock to the senses stepping off the plane in Delhi, but once you're over that initial shock, it really is such a beautiful country to explore. I think what really made this trip for me was the people. I've never returned home from a holiday before with such fond memories of the people that I met. Every single person was friendly and warm. Incredible.

Also, despite everyone telling me I'd end up with "Delhi belly", I didn't... although my Indian friend ehom I travelled with did. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

Closer to home, I'd have to say Montenegro is a close second on my list. It is extremely underrated and has some of the most stunning scenery. Unbelievable. I'd love to explore more of Montenegro and other Balkan countries away from the overrated tourist hot spots. 

So, Exhale, tell me yours. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

• Love 1

My two favourite destinations have to be Bali and Hawaii.

Literally both places are heaven on earth. 

I've been to Hawaii twice and loved it each time, I can totally see why Britney loves it there so much.

The only annoying thing is they are so far away, they are both 17.5 hours away :queenie_falling_dying_dead: However, i'd 100% go back to both of those places again!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Slayer said:

My two favourite destinations have to be Bali and Hawaii.

Literally both places are heaven on earth. 

I've been to Hawaii twice and loved it each time, I can totally see why Britney loves it there so much.

The only annoying thing is they are so far away, they are both 17.5 hours away :queenie_falling_dying_dead: However, i'd 100% go back to both of those places again!

Bali is on my list. I was supposed to go in 2020 but it was cancelled for obvious reasons!  

4 minutes ago, rennen2.0 said:

Bali is on my list. I was supposed to go in 2020 but it was cancelled for obvious reasons!  

It is genuinely amazing, you will love it! It is super cheap over there too, the only thing that is expensive is the alcohol i'd say.

I went in 2019, so just before COVID, hopefully you get to go soon! I went to both Ubud and Seminyak.

I'd say as you're going so far, maybe try go somewhere else too on the way or on the way back to break up all the flying? Obviously that depends on how much you want to spend. I did Bangkok, Koh Samui, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Bali (Ubud & Seminyak), it was such an amazing trip visiting so many places - I literally went away for like a month, ahh good times :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I haven’t done a ton of domestic or international travel. But I’d love to adventure across Europe (I have a cousin who lives in Berlin and another cousin who relocated his family to France).

I’ve been to Chicago once, and I wish I had more time to explore the city. The architecture was incredible, and everyone was really pleasant! I also went in the winter, so I experienced my first real cold/snow weather. Same with Detroit.

I’ve been to San Francisco a few times and love the city. San Diego is also great (I went to school there)! Next on my list are Portland and Seattle (yet another cousin just moved up there).

I just need to assess the current health situation of each place, but hope to do some travel later this year once I (finally :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:) start racking up some vacation time from work! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Slayer said:

It is genuinely amazing, you will love it! It is super cheap over there too, the only thing that is expensive is the alcohol i'd say.

I went in 2019, so just before COVID, hopefully you get to go soon! I went to both Ubud and Seminyak.

I'd say as you're going so far, maybe try go somewhere else too on the way or on the way back to break up all the flying? Obviously that depends on how much you want to spend. I did Bangkok, Koh Samui, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Bali (Ubud & Seminyak), it was such an amazing trip visiting so many places - I literally went away for like a month, ahh good times :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

That sounds amazing! 

I was supposed to be staying in Seminyak for the full two weeks, but I much prefer the idea of exploring other places too. I don't think it'll be possible this year but fingers crossed for next. 

7 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I haven’t done a ton of domestic or international travel. But I’d love to adventure across Europe (I have a cousin who lives in Berlin and another cousin who relocated his family to France).

I’ve been to Chicago once, and I wish I had more time to explore the city. The architecture was incredible, and everyone was really pleasant! I also went in the winter, so I experienced my first real cold/snow weather. Same with Detroit.

I’ve been to San Francisco a few times and love the city. San Diego is also great (I went to school there)! Next on my list are Portland and Seattle (yet another cousin just moved up there).

I just need to assess the current health situation of each place, but hope to do some travel later this year once I (finally :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:) start racking up some vacation time from work! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

It's only been in the past few years (well, prior to Covid) that I started travelling more. I think once you start you get the bug. 

I'd love to visit San Francisco - it looks incredible. Actually, I'd probably be happy visiting anywhere in the US - I've never been.

Hmm this is difficult.

I’ve been to many countries but my most favorite getaways were Quintana Roo/Tulumn, Cabo San Lucas, Amalfi Coast, Positano, Dubai and Athens in Greece. Not too crazy for Hawaii personally but nevertheless, a beautiful place to wind down. I also love Miami. Was actually just there a few weeks ago for the weekend and fell in love.

On my bucket list is Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Barbados, Costa Rica, the French Polynesia, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland (I’ve been before but didn’t see much), New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Dominic Republic, Trinidad, Nice/Cannes and Turkey. I’d also love to go visit Italy again and explore more of Europe. I want to visit more of Mexico and Canada as well. 

Nearby — I love visiting Malibu and anywhere along the Central Coast (Carmel, Big Sur, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Monterey). I’d love to visit New York and Tennessee again. I want to go to Maine!!!! Never been there but heard it’s lovely. Texas is another one of my favorite places — Austin, Dallas, Houston. Nothing but vibes.

Clearly this thread triggered the travel bug in me. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 1

Paxi island in Ionean Sea, Greece. Exclusive, elegant and glamourous. The beaches are crystal clear and most of them only accesible by boat. There are many high quality restaurants and bars and unlike most Greek islands it's not packed with thousands of people.

paxi-island-3-1920.jpg

mesovrika-top-1-1280.jpg

gaios-new.jpg

gaios-gallery-3-1920.jpg

margina-residence.jpg

The last one is the view from my hotel room

I miss this place so much

• Love 1
On 4/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, rennen2.0 said:

Hi Exhale, 

Let's reminisce and think back to our favourite holiday destinations.

It's been a difficult couple of years for everyone, and I'm sure it'll be fun to reminisce. 

In my short, but fabulous time here (fear not, I ain't running for mod and this isn't a campaign thread :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:), I don't recall there being such a thread so let's discuss. 

On top of my list has to be India. I can't name just one city because they were all exceptional in different ways.

I'll be honest, it was a complete shock to the senses stepping off the plane in Delhi, but once you're over that initial shock, it really is such a beautiful country to explore. I think what really made this trip for me was the people. I've never returned home from a holiday before with such fond memories of the people that I met. Every single person was friendly and warm. Incredible.

Also, despite everyone telling me I'd end up with "Delhi belly", I didn't... although my Indian friend ehom I travelled with did. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

Closer to home, I'd have to say Montenegro is a close second on my list. It is extremely underrated and has some of the most stunning scenery. Unbelievable. I'd love to explore more of Montenegro and other Balkan countries away from the overrated tourist hot spots. 

So, Exhale, tell me yours. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Also Chennai In India ❤️

• Love 1
On 4/18/2022 at 8:13 PM, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Hmm this is difficult.

I’ve been to many countries but my most favorite getaways were Quintana Roo/Tulumn, Cabo San Lucas, Amalfi Coast, Positano, Dubai and Athens in Greece. Not too crazy for Hawaii personally but nevertheless, a beautiful place to wind down. I also love Miami. Was actually just there a few weeks ago for the weekend and fell in love.

On my bucket list is Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Barbados, Costa Rica, the French Polynesia, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland (I’ve been before but didn’t see much), New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Dominic Republic, Trinidad, Nice/Cannes and Turkey. I’d also love to go visit Italy again and explore more of Europe. I want to visit more of Mexico and Canada as well. 

Nearby — I love visiting Malibu and anywhere along the Central Coast (Carmel, Big Sur, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Monterey). I’d love to visit New York and Tennessee again. I want to go to Maine!!!! Never been there but heard it’s lovely. Texas is another one of my favorite places — Austin, Dallas, Houston. Nothing but vibes.

Clearly this thread triggered the travel bug in me. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Your bucket list is literally my bucket list - especially Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Costa Rica. They are dream destinations. I doubt I'll ever tick them all off! 

I see Barbados on your list. I spent a day in Barbados while on a cruise and it was amazing. I'd love to go back as one day wasn't enough to properly explore the Island. 

On 4/18/2022 at 9:09 PM, dancewithme said:

Paxi island in Ionean Sea, Greece. Exclusive, elegant and glamourous. The beaches are crystal clear and most of them only accesible by boat. There are many high quality restaurants and bars and unlike most Greek islands it's not packed with thousands of people.

paxi-island-3-1920.jpg

mesovrika-top-1-1280.jpg

gaios-new.jpg

gaios-gallery-3-1920.jpg

margina-residence.jpg

The last one is the view from my hotel room

I miss this place so much

That coastline looks stunning. That's Paxi Island, Greece added to my bucket list! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block