Chris Rock’s Pregnancy Joke Towards An Unimpressed Britney At 17!

The difference between then and now is probably most women in the audience around Britney felt the mockery in their gut, but hardly any were comfortable enough to say it out loud. And now they would. I'd give Chris Rock this much, I think it's him in that video from around that time talking to photographers on the street and saying, why do you have to follow Britney Spears around like that. But his stand-up always seems to have these misogynistic moments that seems to come from wanting to put women in their place. Like his 2016 "joke" about Jada Pinkett Smith also denigrated Rihanna.

It's just yucky to make jokes about people's appearance, not to mention deeper things personal to them, and is it ever funny? I think they should just refrain from these comedy routines at the awards shows where they single out celebrities for ridicule. It must be excruciating for them and like Will Smith said, you have to smile through it.  Not to mention it's excruciating to watch. Actors are pretty vulnerable in general., from what I can see. They don't seem to do that kind of thing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies.

I'm not condoning what Will Smith did, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if this whole trend of taking potshots at a captive audience is put under a microscope. Also, covid. It's just a simmering cauldron out there.

18 hours ago, toxiccriminal said:

So two (presumably) minors consensually dating makes it okay for a grown man to make a ***ual joke about impregnating that 17-year-old girl? :clownery_makeup_meme:

Britney was only a few months shy of turning 18....lol You guys are acting like she just turned 17. Plus, Britney had already went on interviews at that time stating she dated older men(Her ex was the same age as one the BSB members  & dude graduated HS brits FRESHMAN year making him 18+ as she continued to date him) soooo of course people are gonna run with that.... 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Psammead said:

The difference between then and now is probably most women in the audience around Britney felt the mockery in their gut, but hardly any were comfortable enough to say it out loud. And now they would. I'd give Chris Rock this much, I think it's him in that video from around that time talking to photographers on the street and saying, why do you have to follow Britney Spears around like that. But his stand-up always seems to have these misogynistic moments that seems to come from wanting to put women in their place. Like his 2016 "joke" about Jada Pinkett Smith also denigrated Rihanna.

It's just yucky to make jokes about people's appearance, not to mention deeper things personal to them, and is it ever funny? I think they should just refrain from these comedy routines at the awards shows where they single out celebrities for ridicule. It must be excruciating for them and like Will Smith said, you have to smile through it.  Not to mention it's excruciating to watch. Actors are pretty vulnerable in general., from what I can see. They don't seem to do that kind of thing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies.

I'm not condoning what Will Smith did, but it wouldn't be the worst thing if this whole trend of taking potshots at a captive audience is put under a microscope. Also, covid. It's just a simmering cauldron out there.

I think the worse part for Will is that he actually going to be more remembered for punching a man rather than getting his Oscar.  And i feel for Will. I mean that is the way u can stand up for ur wife but i still wish he just booed him or screamed to him or just went on him after the show. Not like i am saying beating is good if nobody seeing. Hell no. It is just so uncomfortable watching some1 punching other man at an award show. This should be absolute no no. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Britney was only a few months shy of turning 18....lol You guys are acting like she just turned 17. Plus, Britney had already went on interviews at that time stating she dated older men(Her ex was the same age as one the BSB members  & dude graduated HS brits FRESHMAN year making him 18+ as she continued to date him) soooo of course people are gonna run with that.... 

You dont get it, it doesnt matter how old she was, he could said it to a 30 year old and its still rude, disrespectful and misogynistic. He just slutshamed her. You can make jokes that are positive and not offensive to someone. This is the same ***** when Sarah Silverman joked about her children being mistakes at the 07 VMA. How are these people come up with "jokes" like this ??? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

18 is still a teenager you know idk why you try to justify ***ism, and ***ualization of teenagers 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, clarage said:

18 is still a teenager you know idk why you try to justify ***ism, and ***ualization of teenagers 

18 year old is legal adult at that point. You are no longer a minor according to the LAW. Justifying ***ualization of teenagers? Then what the hell was BRIT herself doing posing in her bra & panties, with her ***** and *** out, on a national cover of rolling stone at the age of 17....?

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Eating GIF

• Love 1
13 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

18 year old is legal adult at that point. You are no longer a minor according to the LAW. Justifying ***ualization of teenagers? Then what the hell was BRIT herself doing posing in her bra & panties, with her ***** and *** out, on a national cover of rolling stone at the age of 17....?

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Eating GIF

« A teenager, or teen, is someone who is between 13 and 19 years old. They are called teenagers because their age number ends with "teen". A 18 years old is a teenager period,she wasn’t even 18 anyway, your point of view is trash it’s not because someone chose to make a **** picture (her choice ) that she deserves to be ***ualized (that’s called sl** shaming )and humiliated publicly especially not when that person is 17 and the one making the joke is a grown *** man 

23 hours ago, icybaby said:

I think the worse part for Will is that he actually going to be more remembered for punching a man rather than getting his Oscar.  And i feel for Will. I mean that is the way u can stand up for ur wife but i still wish he just booed him or screamed to him or just went on him after the show. Not like i am saying beating is good if nobody seeing. Hell no. It is just so uncomfortable watching some1 punching other man at an award show. This should be absolute no no. 

It was a real lapse in judgement. But you never know with these things. The media has really been dwelling on this story unnecessarily. At least it's not some furtive secret that came out. Everyone saw it, that might be to his advantage eventually. It could all turn around.

The worst thing for Chris Rock is they're going to play that lame joke over and over again.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block