Chris Rock's documentary about..... HAIR.

In 2009, Chris Rock made a documentary about the topic of hair in the black community... and 13 years later he got smacked in public for making a joke about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-4qxz08So

So much has been said and can still be said about what happened at the Oscars, but at least he's conscious about the topic and took the time and effort and money to analyse it, all out of love for his daughter.

I'm not defending anyone here, I'm just shedding light on this other aspect of the whole situation, in case it wasn't mentioned before.

Also, you can tell that it's an important topic for him. It was important for his daughter, and so it became important for him. So he's been analysing it since then... I like that. I like people who take something seriously enough to spend time to learn about it. But like with all learning processes, that doesn't mean that we won't make mistakes along the way... To me, it's the good intention what counts.

Can I just say that I really dislike this man? I've never found him to be funny, and his voice is definitely in my Top 3 most annoying celebrity voices list. :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

That said, I don't necessarily defend Will Smith's actions either because I don't condone violence. I just hope they make up and put this overblown situation behind them. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block