Taylor Swift set to receive honorary doctorate

• Leader

We love to see it!

New York University will award Taylor an honorary doctorate of fine arts May 18. She's also speaking at the commencement ceremony at Yankee Stadium.

Taylor Swift. 

Edit: people with honorary degrees don’t call themselves “Dr.” and it’s just *honorary* to get her to speak at NYU’s commencement

tay-dr.jpg.9e9294499990fb5c1521ca788bdaad49.jpg

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The point is the title read “Dr. Taylor Swift” :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

Since I will hopefully be a "Dr." in a few months, I do not mind Taylor being called one :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: Her career is a master class in music success. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Who’s “this generation?” Because as a millennial, she isn’t the biggest artist of my generation. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: and Gen Z already adopted Fadrigo as their queen so idk who Taylor reps 

She is dominating the music scene since like.. 2010? DEAL! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Oh, I meant when you looked it up did you find out what the point of an honorary degree was?

It’s a degree conveyed on someone who either attended a school and never finished, is being sought out to speak at their institution (which this is the case), or is being honored for other reasons. I think it’s a joke because it takes away from other peoples hard work and money. Like I still have student loans out as most of us do. I also found that she’s never attended college so this is insulting (I didn’t feel like researching this much more, but if I’m wrong then someone can let me know)

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I think it’s a joke because it takes away from other peoples hard work and money.

I agree :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

I get that she has unique set of experiences and talents, but she has been generously rewarded with a lot success and accolades. If she wants to add a degree to that then she should go to school and earn one like the rest of us.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block