Melodi Brown's In the Zone ref track "Spin the Record" surfaces

Written by Michelle Bell, Jonback and Bloodshy & Avant, Spin the Record is a ref track by the disbanded group "Melodi Brown" who got considered during the sessions for In the Zone.

The track was recorded along other demos like Crazy Things and Do Somethin. The latter actually got performed on a few UK festivals before the group's disbandment.

Michelle Bell confirmed the ref track through Twitter, along several others (It's My Life/Crazy Things/Spin the Record/Under the Pressure/Outta Here).

BritneyOnline :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CJMCH said:

Written by Michelle Bell, Jonback and Bloodshy & Avant, Spin the Record is a ref track by the disbanded group "Melodi Brown" who got considered during the sessions for In the Zone.

The track was recorded along other demos like Crazy Things and Do Somethin. The latter actually got performed on a few UK festivals before the group's disbandment.

Michelle Bell confirmed the ref track through Twitter, along several others (It's My Life/Crazy Things/Spin the Record/Under the Pressure/Outta Here).

BritneyOnline :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I still can't believe we have this in full, i love it

• Love 1

I really want to hear Melodi Brown's version of Do Somethin'. Or anything they recorded tbh as their debut single's release got cancelled.

Anyways I'm really liking Spin the Record! It could have easily been on In the Zone if Britney recorded it. I remember wanting to hear the full demo after that snippet leaked last year.

Edited by Isla
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

I really want to hear Melodi Brown's version of Do Somethin'. Or anything they recorded tbh as their debut single's release got cancelled.

Me too! Hopefully Crazy Things, one day...

6 minutes ago, thrashette said:

Has Do Somethin' leaked yet? That song is so Britney that it's weird to imagine anyone else singing it.

It hasn't. The fact that some people heard it live. After getting Spin the Record, I can see them doing that.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Me too! Hopefully Crazy Things, one day...

It hasn't. The fact that some people heard it live. After getting Spin the Record, I can see them doing that.

If only YouTube existed back in 2002/2003 we'd probably have a video of that performance lol.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Isla said:

If only YouTube existed back in 2002/2003 we'd probably have a video of that performance lol.

Tea!

18 hours ago, e_ffen said:

I like this better than Do Somethin’ honestly (well, imagining Britney’s version that is). 

I prefer Do Somethin, but this is nice too.

18 hours ago, Rik said:

It’s amazing tbh imagine the mid and post in the zone vision 

Britney experimented a lot during ITZ and that's what makes it a good album.

17 hours ago, Louis-j said:

I'm glad those songs never made it. An album full of Do Something's would have flopped big time.

I mean, a bonus track could have been nice. We got a lot of good tracks from ITZ though.

• Love 3
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 3:58 PM, Isla said:

Anyways I'm really liking Spin the Record! It could have easily been on In the Zone if Britney recorded it. I remember wanting to hear the full demo after that snippet leaked last year.

i have everything that i was able to get of the group up on archive.org and youtube including naked + the music video to it, a final mixed version of "spin the record", their version of "never knew my baby", a full version of "skin!" and some other stuff

no "do somethin'" yet though unfortunately but i think it'll surface soon

• Love 1
5 hours ago, wrgrgwrgwrggwrwwrg said:

i have everything that i was able to get of the group up on archive.org and youtube including naked + the music video to it, a final mixed version of "spin the record", their version of "never knew my baby", a full version of "skin!" and some other stuff

no "do somethin'" yet though unfortunately but i think it'll surface soon

Wait if you’re Melodi Brown Archive on YouTube, then I’ve seen everything you’ve uploaded. Thank you thank you :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block