Who’s more iconic? Janet or Madonna

I love Janet but this is not even close. Love her or hate her but Madonna is not only more iconic she is the most important and influential female artist in music history. Aretha Franklin is arguably the only other to come remotely close. 

we can all have our favs but Madonna is and will forever be the Queen. She could have retired 20 or 30 years ago and would still be the most iconic. 

• Love 5

It's no question really, it's always going to be Madonna while I love Janet so don't get me wrong but nobody has touched Madonna's legacy and discography honestly speaking. 

Madonna has opened boundaries for women in every way possible, there are others like Nina Simone - Billie Holiday - Aretha Franklin who are also impactful but they are much more for their jazz vocal community while Madonna love her or hate her you can't deny what she has done for the industry. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Jsh83 said:

I love Janet but this is not even close. Love her or hate her but Madonna is not only more iconic she is the most important and influential female artist in music history. Aretha Franklin is arguably the only other to come remotely close. 

we can all have our favs but Madonna is and will forever be the Queen. She could have retired 20 or 30 years ago and would still be the most iconic. 

"Madonna queen of pop" 

janet-jackson-laugh.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I like Janet more. However,  Madonna is way more iconic. Madonna is the female equivalent of Michael or Elvis.

Janet=female MJ

Madonna=female Prince

More so.. 

Elvis is a mediocre privileged man who stole from unsung black acts who were infinitely more talented and has no impact or contribution he just has sales and stats for using his overt privilege to succeed LMAO

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Janet=female MJ

Madonna=female Prince

More so.. 

Elvis is a mediocre privileged man who stole and has no impact or contribution he just has sales and stats for using his overt privilege to succeed LMAO

Elvis is iconic, no matter how you put it to this day him and MJ are the best selling men of all time. Your opinion does not matter, it is fact.  Janet doesn't come close to her brother in terms of fame. She is an Icon but she really isn't on par with Madonna career wise. Look at the Arenas Madonna can still sell to this day. Britney can't even do that. 

• Like 3
Just now, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

Elvis is iconic, no matter how you put it to this day him and MJ are the best selling men of all time. Your opinion does not matter, it is fact.  Janet doesn't come close to her brother in terms of fame. She is an Icon but she really isn't on par with Madonna career wise. Look at the Arenas Madonna can still sell to this day. Britney can't even do that

1. Because of him using and exploiting his overt privilege like mad instead of being ahead of the game 

2. I think we all know why... But Janet comes close to MJ and Madonna in terms of influence and longevity tho 

3. Well... 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block