ITZ Sticker Proof That “Breathe On Me” Was Meant To Be A Single?!

• Content Curators

On this sticker on the ITZ CD, it mentions the song Breathe On Me as a single after Everytime. From 2003 up until 2018 Breathe on me was given the single treatment by being given promo performances for the album and included in almost every Britney live show, possibly by Britney request as she stated on multiple occasions that it’s one of her favourite songs. In 2016, Britney would shoot and post a black and white video for the song on her Instagram. 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
35 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think those stickers usually include random songs

P0.jpg

classifieds02.jpg.aac96c6e1123d8d3d37269

117194821.jpg

1a98a9f409d5618213beb3e6b9621c42

Yeah true but Didn’t the label test the waters with it should be easy to be a single by putting out remixes and We know inside out was a contender in a poll with criminal for the single, interesting 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

I have a strong feeling the label pushed for outrageous as the last single and Britney wanted breathe on me. The song was ahead of its time! 

Outrageous was on the Catwoman soundtrack, so it was to be part of that push. Not a lot of good was surrounding that song; should have gone with Breathe on Me instead. Scandalize the kiddies and their mothers. Keep the knee intact.

• Love 7
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

I have a strong feeling the label pushed for outrageous as the last single and Britney wanted breathe on me. The song was ahead of its time! 

Britney was always right in the end 

• Love 4

The hype stickers on albums aren’t always indicative of future singles. They usually mention a random album track as a selling point.

However, it was rumoured Breathe On Me was planned as the 4th single from the album before Outrageous was chosen, and it was again rumoured as a possible 5th single before the In the Zone era ended. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

That’s true. Jive actually wanted Outrageous as the lead single but Britney wanted Me Against the Music and she only got her way when Madonna agreed to appear on the song. Another reason why Outrageous was chosen as the fourth single is because it was going to appear in Catwoman, so Jive wanted to release it to promote the film. However, the song was scrapped from the film when Britney injured her knee.

• Love 2

'Breathe on me' would have flopped after 'Everytime' since having 2 consecutive ballads/mellow singles is not always a good idea :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

The real smash after Everytime would have been "The hook up" to close ITZ era and y'all will deal! I have friends who don't like Britney and loved The hook up, they even could not believe it's a Britney song :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

'Breathe on me' would have flopped after 'Everytime' since having 2 consecutive ballads/mellow singles is not always a good idea 

Breathe on Me is not a ballad, nor is it anywhere near mellow. It's sensual and breathy. Add a music video and some of y'all would have reached puberty or discovered yourselves sooner.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

As much as I absolutely love Breathe On Me and is top 5 best Britney songs of all time, I don’t think it would have done well as a single in 2003/04. Britney was already too over***ualized then, not to mention the Janet Half-Time Super Bowl incident would have just felt too explicit. It would have been career suicide and probably would have had a radio ban. She was already getting a LOOOT of backlash/hate for being too ***ual then so this would have been the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block