Dolly Parton bows out of her Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nomination: "I don't feel that I have earned that right"

Yesterday, Dolly Parton shared a statement announcing she bows out of the nomination to be inducted in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. She says she doesn't feel that she has earned that right yet, but wishes to be considered in the future after she releases an actual rock 'n' roll album at some point. 

The nominees for this year are: Beck, Pat Benatar, Kate Bush, Devo, Duran Duran, Eminem, Eurythmics, Judas Priest, Fela Kuti, MC5, New York Dolls, Lionel Richie, Rage Against the Machine, Carly Simon, A Tribe Called Quest and Dionne Warwick. 

• Content Curators

She also said she would love if Queen Bey covered her hit song 'Jolene'

She metioned she would love to see Bey do with 'Jolene" what Whitney did with 'I Will Always Love You' 

The praise, I love her so much, she deserves to be in Rock n Roll Hall of Fame :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

If Dolly doesn’t want it, they should induct Jessica Simpson. She’s done more for the music industry than any artist! She’s the voice of a generation and redefined what it is to be a country/pop artist.

I think it would be great if Dolly sang “I Wanna Love You Forever” as tribute to Jessica. It would please Dolly to honor Jessica this way! 
spacer.png

Final Heartbreak outimpacted :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Rik said:

She’s right it should be Miley who gets nominated for #PLASTICHEARTS :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Retire dolly Hannah Montana got this one *****   :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Gworl Miley really came thru with Plastic Hearts! :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: I’ve been bopping to it recently!

Glad that her Godmother Dolly Parton imparted some of her wisdom onto ha :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

Gworl Miley really came thru with Plastic Hearts! :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing: I’ve been bopping to it recently!

Glad that her Godmother Dolly Parton imparted some of her wisdom onto ha :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Honestly it’s a great album even I agree and I don’t normally love her like that omg 

too bad she abandoned it 

btw I love dolly hdjdjdj

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

Honestly it’s a great album even I agree and I don’t normally love her like that omg 

too bad she abandoned it 

btw I love dolly hdjdjdj

I was literally wondering if she’d tour it at all! I need to get all my angst and rage out by singing along to WTF do I know! :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block