Abraham Quintanilla, Selena's father, says they're releasing a new album with 10 previously unreleased songs, some of which will include digitally altered vocals

Selena's father, Abraham Quintanilla, revealed in an interview that a new Selena album is coming out in April through Warner Music. It will contain 13 songs, three of which are previously known songs with new arrangements, and the rest will be brand new to the public.

As per Rolling Stone:

“What’s unique about it is that not only is the music completely new arrangements, but my son worked on Selena’s voice with the computers and if you listen to her, she sounds on this recording like she did right before she passed away,” Abraham said.

He described the album as a mix of ballads and cumbias that were pulled from different parts of the family’s catalog. The first track, for example, is one he described as a “beautiful ballad” that was originally recorded when Selena was just 13 years old, but the arrangements and voice work have been change to make it sound like she did as an adult.

March 31st will mark the 27th anniversary of Selena's death, after she was shot by Yolanda Saldívar. 

selena-new-album.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The first track, for example, is one he described as a “beautiful ballad” that was originally recorded when Selena was just 13 years old, but the arrangements and voice work have been change to make it sound like she did as an adult.

Um

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

I feel kinda mixed about this cause:

1. I am a HUGE Selena fan and have been since I was a kid

2. At the same time, I feel like her family especially her dad like to make money off of her death

and the proof of that is the horrible Netflix show which was unnecessary.

Thats just how I feel

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I feel kinda mixed about this cause:

1. I am a HUGE Selena fan and have been since I was a kid

2. At the same time, I feel like her family especially her dad like to make money off of her death

and the proof of that is the horrible Netflix show which was unnecessary.

Thats just how I feel

This. I literally watched a few minutes of the show and was like…the vibe is off for me. They don’t have any original music and are now cash grabbing. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
22 minutes ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

This. I literally watched a few minutes of the show and was like…the vibe is off for me. They don’t have any original music and are now cash grabbing. 

Yeah the original movie with JLO was the best.

I dont get why Abraham wanted to do a netflix show if we already have the movie,

its not like the ending will change.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block