Pop stars who changed the game at Britney’s age…

I know, she’s fresh out of an unprecedented situation especially in terms of pop music. She has healing to do. She has every right to do nothing and have a baby or three or five. BUT - I think Brit has too much passion and talent to hang it up just yet.

- Madonna was Britney’s current age when she released Ray of Light effectively changing the popscape forever.

- Sia was over 40 for most of her biggest hits.

- Mariah was 38 when she dropped “touch my body” and hit #1. 

- And of course, Cher brought auto tune to the mainstream at age FIFTY TWO and also hit #1 with “believe”.

the list goes on. I can’t wait to see what our girl does with this newfound freedom, but don’t count her out. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Kylie was over 50 when she released Disco which is a fantastic one. A very strong return to the pop music map.

Gwen Stefani was 46 with her album This is what the truth feels like. That’s also a great album.

And Jennifer Lopez also keeps serving music I like, although no albums anymore :(

I think there’s always a chance for a great comeback. Maybe the ones I listed was more popular among the adult audience and not as popular as any fresh new artists, but we cannot expect teens to idolize somebody as much as we do when they weren’t even born at the time when they were in their primes.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

In 2017 Shakira's Chantaje music video (released in 2016) became the fastest Spanish video to reach 1 billion views, when she was 40, and it was overall the second most watched video of the year. She obviously had more hits from that album, and eventually she got to perform with JLo at the Super Bowl on her 43rd birthday.

Many Latin artists, that are obviously not so known everywhere else, also had a sort of rebirth after 40. Gloria Trevi released Cinco Minutos in 2008, one of her most successful singles, when she was 40 too, and I'd dare to say her career after that had only gotten more and more successful, several tours, etc. becoming the best seller in Mexico in terms of concert tickets, and she's actually one of the best sellers worldwide when it comes to women, far from the top, but above several American singers.

Fey also had on of her major tours in 2014, Todo lo Que Soy, and though she's had a low profile in the following years, she still does some things here and there. She's 48 and she's looking better than ever.

And of course

:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Honestly I think you see a lot of Latino artists having very long careers in the pop industry because they age so damn good, it’s got to help in a career like that. I mean JLo, Shakira, X-Tina and those are only in the US 

It's not just about that, Latins are less ageist while Americans aren't.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block