Cardi B Pulls Out On ‘Assisted Living’; Paramount Players Shutters NY Set Days Before Production Start

spacer.png

Per Deadline:

"EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Players has pulled the plug on its comedy feature Assisted Living after Cardi B backed away from the starring role, sources tell Deadline. The film was just a week away from starting production, and other cast and crew were just told the film has at least temporarily been scratched.

The $30 million film is produced by Temple Hill and was to be directed by Thembi Banks. In Assisted Living, Cardi B (Hustlers) was to play a low-level criminal on the run when she’s wrongly accused of a crime. She has to stay free long enough to prove her innocence and holes up at her grandmother’s retirement home. She fits in with the help of some old-lady prosthetics.

The reason for her pullout is that she is overextended.

This is happening in real time, and when a star pulls out of a movie this late, the exit often is followed by legal action. But sources say that the hope is to put the pieces back together later this year. Stay tuned."

Edited by Invitation
15 hours ago, Invitation said:

I feel terrible for the other cast and crew. She'd better have a good reason for it.

Yeah she’s probably massively overworked so I have sympathy for her in that regard, but I’d hope her and her team would have the foresight to pull the plug on this much sooner than they did. This is a very expensive/unprofessional blunder that could hurt her future opportunities so I hope there’s a more reasonable explanation.

30 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Yeah she’s probably massively overworked so I have sympathy for her in that regard, but I’d hope her and her team would have the foresight to pull the plug on this much sooner than they did. This is a very expensive/unprofessional blunder that could hurt her future opportunities so I hope there’s a more reasonable explanation.

Are we talking about Cardi or Adele?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block