"Heat Waves" by Glass Animals is #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 after 59 weeks

Talk about longevity. Breaking the record for the longest run to the summit, "Heat Waves" by British indie band Glass Animals reaches #1 on its 59th week.Β 

Originally released on June 29th, 2020, the song had to wait until January 2021 to debut in the Hot 100, doing so at #100, completing an unusual path from 100-1.

I personally really like the song, and I'm glad to see this type of music doing well in the charts.

How do you feel about the song, Exhale?

Β 

Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Gosh, we live in a world that if doesn’t trend in β€œTika Toka” (read as in Adele language) then it’s not cool.

Β 

I know it's kinda sad, but it's like before but just modern. If it wasn't popular on the radio, TRL or the media then no one knew anything about it. We now consume new music by what's trendy on TikTok. BleghΒ 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I can’t stand this cringe *** song. Every video uses it and I can’t believe people like a song this overlayedΒ :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:Β I’ve never heard this song in its entirety, but I’ve heard snippets of this horrendous song thousands of times in thousands of videos that it just makes my ears bleedΒ :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

I’m not on TikTok so I’m safe from over saturation Β :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

maybe you’ve heard some bad remix or terrible mashups people do thereΒ :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

careful what you expose yourself toΒ :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

21 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Gosh, we live in a world that if doesn’t trend in β€œTika Toka” (read as in Adele language) then it’s not cool.

Β 

Same as Instagram, Snapchat and Vine before it. We all saw this coming. And there will be another TikTok in the future. That's how we consume media now.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block