Do people judge you for being a Britney stan?

6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

For me it depends,

Like with people who arent my family, I'd say they dont really especially cause of the #FreeBritney movement.

However my family kinda does.

My mom is a pastor, so u can obviously see why she wouldnt like her

while my younger sister thinks she's still 2007 crazy bald Britney.

She even went all psychology on me and said the reason why I love Britney so much

is cause of childhood trauma or some other bs.

For these reasons, I try not to bring up Britney unless it comes up cause people can be judgmentall

Like we can only feel accepted amongst others who stan her :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: 

• Like 1

Yes, some do, I’m highly educated & have a respected reputation, but a few friends think that ‘me being a Britney fan doesn’t fit my image’ - whatever the f.uck that means. i grew up dancing to her music, she’s a big part of my passion for dance and her music has got me thru so much, so generally i just brush it off, after defending her often times though. 

• Love 2

Let me clarify, it's 2000-01, I'm a young Marine with a literal shrine to the woman in my room on full display. Judge or judge not, I was being my honest self. And I fully understand I've never been the target demographic, but umm, Oops was a monster album that took a hold of me.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

my inner circle are not familiar with stan culture so they find it a bit weird that i’m SO into an artist, especially now that i’m almost 30:britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

but after all these years they basically associate everything britney with me. even ppl that i haven’t seen in a while send me britney related content and say they thought of me. so i guess it’s cool

• Like 1

Definetly when I was younger and it was cool to hate on britney, in fact I'm ashamed to say there was a brief period of time during 2001-2002 where I only listened/enjoyed Britney by my self or if I was with friends it would be as an ironic "only watching to make fun" (except I was actually watching because I loved everything about it and I have a suspicion those friends were the exact same). My dad bought me bomt when it came out and I made him sign up for her fan email and then over the years he would tease me about it

By the time blackout came out I'm not sure if I just didn't care anymore what people thought or if it was the change in her music (less bubble gum) but I remember playing blackout in my hairdressing class and all the girls loved it plus britney was everywhere at that time so everyone would talk about her anyway, it didn't feel like a secret anymore

When circus came out I hit full stan and never looked back. Everyone now associates britney with me to the point it's sometimes annoying and always asks me about her ("omg did you hear about this freebritney stuff?!"). I have gotten into arguments with my husband's friends who say "there's something not right with her" and my husband backs me up

My sister's husband is a huuuuge tragically hip fan, probably the only other person I know who can understand stan culture and one time the topic came up of who's a bigger fan and my sister was like "ya sorry baby, imagine your love for the hip and multiply by 1000 and then you've got her love for Britney"

I do still find that when I'm about to tell new people (such as my new boss that I technically haven't even started the job yet) I'm a bit shy about admitting it, like it's a guilty pleasure, but at the same time I'm also very open about my love for her, it's so strong, I know its gonna come up at some point so I just give people the heads up sometimes... like if you mention britney around me, prepare for a full blown 45 minute at least conversation

At this point, she's a part of who I am. My son knows it, my husband knows it, my sister and my mom... everyone at work, it's just who I am now like it not.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

Definetly when I was younger and it was cool to hate on britney, in fact I'm ashamed to say there was a brief period of time during 2001-2002 where I only listened/enjoyed Britney by my self or if I was with friends it would be as an ironic "only watching to make fun" (except I was actually watching because I loved everything about it and I have a suspicion those friends were the exact same). My dad bought me bomt when it came out and I made him sign up for her fan email and then over the years he would tease me about it

By the time blackout came out I'm not sure if I just didn't care anymore what people thought or if it was the change in her music (less bubble gum) but I remember playing blackout in my hairdressing class and all the girls loved it plus britney was everywhere at that time so everyone would talk about her anyway, it didn't feel like a secret anymore

When circus came out I hit full stan and never looked back. Everyone now associates britney with me to the point it's sometimes annoying and always asks me about her ("omg did you hear about this freebritney stuff?!"). I have gotten into arguments with my husband's friends who say "there's something not right with her" and my husband backs me up

My sister's husband is a huuuuge tragically hip fan, probably the only other person I know who can understand stan culture and one time the topic came up of who's a bigger fan and my sister was like "ya sorry baby, imagine your love for the hip and multiply by 1000 and then you've got her love for Britney"

I do still find that when I'm about to tell new people (such as my new boss that I technically haven't even started the job yet) I'm a bit shy about admitting it, like it's a guilty pleasure, but at the same time I'm also very open about my love for her, it's so strong, I know its gonna come up at some point so I just give people the heads up sometimes... like if you mention britney around me, prepare for a full blown 45 minute at least conversation

At this point, she's a part of who I am. My son knows it, my husband knows it, my sister and my mom... everyone at work, it's just who I am now like it not.

You’re a true fan :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

When I was younger yeah… now IDGAF… just saying. 

my friends had this whole thing against manufactured and “fakeness” and were into bands like Evanescence because they were so “real”. Well, I think time has proven that Britney has strived to be her authentic self, it’s the people around her that wanted fakeness… and all those other bands just fell by the wayside. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block