"Grueling", says source about Madonna biopic audition process

Julia Garner, Florence Pugh and Emma Laird are among the stars still in contention, with some hopefuls participating in 11-hour choreography sessions: "You have to be able to do everything."

"As for the actual audition process, it’s “grueling,” says one rep with knowledge of the auditions, some of which have been going on for months."

"According to sources, the hopefuls participate in intense — sometimes up to 11-hour-a-day — choreography sessions with Madonna’s choreographer, after which there are choreography sessions with Madonna, herself. And then there are callbacks, which consist of readings with Madonna, as well as singing auditions with the superstar.

“You have to be able to do everything,” says one person with knowledge of the process."

Read the article here: The Hollywood Reporter

spacer.png

• Love 2
13 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I still can't believe she's making a movie about HERSELF... That can't be a genuine tribute to her and her life if it comes straight from Madonna. Also, the ego... That cannot be healthy for her nor for others around her. Cringey AF.

It's not a tribute, it's about telling the story from her perspective. Most musicians (still alive) provide support if the directing team is smart enough to ask.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I still can't believe she's making a movie about HERSELF... That can't be a genuine tribute to her and her life if it comes straight from Madonna. Also, the ego... That cannot be healthy for her nor for others around her. Cringey AF.

i think that if its thoughtful done, with grace, elegance and comes off genuine, unscripted, unedited, raw - showing her lows as well as her highs and even accepting some controversial stuff and just sharing the truth - i can be very successful an refreshing to see, its like Britney writing her book - it will only be good if we get true and raw Britney, something for the record lacked; but we know why now.

• Love 6
On 3/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, Jacolicious said:

It's not a tribute, it's about telling the story from her perspective. Most musicians (still alive) provide support if the directing team is smart enough to ask.

Of course it's not, and it won't be marketed as one, but if you tell somebody's story it's because you're somewhat appreciating something about that person. She should let others do that, and just make sure that the INFORMATION is accurate. But checking the dancing and singing (and she's probably even writing every single line in the script) is a bit too much; she should have written her autobiography instead.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Damn really??

11 HOURS of dancing??

No offense to Madonna but she was never much of a dancer or a singer,

so its kind of unnecessary to have the girls auditioning have to do all of that when Madonna  wasnt extremely talented.

(Btw im a fan of hers, NOT a hater, just being honest)

This part. Singing unequivocally wasn’t her forte, though she’s some nice vocal moments.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

If she does a movie about her entire life so far, you know she will for sure put the VMA Britney kiss in. I wonder who she will cast for Britney?!

It's reported that it will be about her struggles and until the Blond Ambition Tour (90).

Probably she wants to do sequels or a Madonna Universe, or she is smart and will show her biggest decade ever, 80s

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block